Natural slug and snail repellent.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I have a problem with slugs and snails. The snails are easy to find and get rid of but the slugs are a different story. They disappear during the day and I only see one or two. Is there a natural method of getting rid of them or at least deter them from eating my plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Coffee grounds are supposed to work. Place a thick layer of them around the perimeter of the plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last couple of years was really rainy here and my garden was being eaten alive by armies of slugs every night. (Daytime they hide under anything they can.) I tried salt, flooring sandpaper, copper tape, beer, coffee grounds diatomaceous earth and eggshells. All the "mechanical" methods. And apparently Michigan slugs don't like beer because despite numerous shallow bowls placed all over the garden repeatedly I found not one single drowned slug. (Maybe I should have used craft beer instead of Old Milwaukee lol.)

None. Of. It. Worked.

Sluggo did. (I believe it is certified organic at least in some states.) It's a "natural" biological element, not a man-made chemical, does not remain in the soil and pretty much harms nothing but slugs and snails. After application all the slugs pretty much disappeared. Google it; it's available pretty much everywhere.

Ask a Question