My own natural looking fence design.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Last year I dediced to cut down two large birch trees, because we didn't get much sun light in the garden anymore and the millions of seeds floating through the air were driving me nuts! :confused:

Of course it's too bad to have to cut two nice trees, so I wanted something special back. Not just a wooden fence or something, no I wanted something where nature can grow as it pleases. (within certain limits of course)

I made a video of the whole project so I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making my natural looking fence.

Paul

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
IMG_4833.JPG
The ivy is starting to grow happily at some spots, too bad lots of them don't seem to be in a hurry.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The fence is a great idea to give you some privacy while waiting for your plants to grow. (y) Ivy can be a fickle plant, you may get up one morning and find it's taken over! :)

I noticed! Once it starts growing it keeps growing, but getting it to grow is harder than I thought it was!

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
IMG_4854-800.jpg

A river of hail flew into the gravel which is surrounded by my fence. Last year during construction water flew out slowely resulting in a shallow pool after heavy rain. Fortunately this time the water flew out as fast as it flew in, that saves me adding a drainage pipe.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
IMG_4878-700.jpg

Had to close the only open part of my fence with iron wire, left over concrete mesh and wooden sticks to keep neighbouring cats using our garden as a shortcut. Now cats can only get out of the garden via the laurel hedge into our neighbours garden who happen to have two dogs, instead of the one dog my wife has. :D

Of course I didn't forgot to leave an opening for hedgehogs (not shown in picture.) The ivy on this spot isn't sure yet if it wants to grow or not. ;)

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Next to 1001 other things in the garden that have been done, the first bucket with plants have been installed. More rocks and pebbles are needed to blend in the "gravel pit" with the rest of the garden.

IMG_4939-700.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Welding plastic for the new border, not even a shovel will pierce that stuff!
IMG_5028-700.jpg

And of course more rocks and pebbles to actually make the border and to raise the gravel.
IMG_5030-700.jpg

Ask a Question