Brown spots on pepper plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11A
Country
Spain
Hello, I would appreciate some help here :(

I am growing different pepper plants and almost all of them have recently been showing small spots, started as semi-traslucent and now they are turning brown and bigger. I have been told they might be fungus or excess humidity.

They have been very healthy until now. It is true that it's getting colder here and the soil is always moist, to the point that I rarely have to water them.
IMG_20181115_194139.jpg
IMG_20181115_194139.jpg
IMG_20181115_194117.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks like bacterial leaf spot. It becomes more serious if in wet weather. Not really much you can do this late in the season even in your hardiness zone because of the reduced sunshine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11A
Country
Spain
It looks like bacterial leaf spot. It becomes more serious if in wet weather. Not really much you can do this late in the season even in your hardiness zone because of the reduced sunshine.
So, Is there anything I can do to manage it? Or will it eventually kill my plants completely so I might as well not take any care of them?
I was hoping maybe they could get to grow and give some peppers although they live with the bacterial spots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That site hates mobile web. This was a cool snippet:

Biological control options for bacterial spot are limited. However, a biological control method that uses bacterial viruses (bacteriophages) that specifically kill the bacterial pathogens is now available. Treatments with these bacteriophages, marketed as “AgriPhage,” have been successful in reducing disease, especially in greenhouse transplant production.

Without the sanitary issues also mentioned I imagine the AgriPhage is far less effective.

Ask a Question