Brown pinhole spots on Lemon tree leaves - Help!

Discussion in 'Fruits' started by Alex123, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Alex123

Alex123

Hello, I have a potted lemon tree that's about 2 1/2 years old. Unknown variety.. grown from a seed originally from store-bought produce.

It's been inside for the last 7 months due to our Canadian climate (goes back outside in the summer).

Leaves have been very slowly dropping off for the last few months. Brown pinhole sized spots appear on affected leaves, which later causes the affected leaves to turn yellowish and drop off. Doesn't appear to be mite infestation, can't see any insects etc even with magnifying glass.

Also, the spots do not feel raised at all. 2.jpg 1.jpg
    7.jpg
    6.jpg
    5.jpg

3.jpg
    Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Alex123, Apr 14, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Alex123

Becky Administrator

I'm no expert, but it looks like it could be citrus black spot, which is a fungus. If that's the case, you'll want to remove and destroy all affected leaves :(

Becky, Apr 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Alex123

Alex123

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I was thinking it's some form of fungus as well but it's strange in that this is an indoor plant, and there's no wind to blow spores from leaf to leaf etc. I think your right though.. remove all affected leaves and spray with a copper based fungal treatment and see if that helps... I'll give that a shot.

Alex123, Apr 17, 2018
    Becky likes this.
  4. Alex123

Becky Administrator

I guess it might seem counter intuitive, but lack of air circulation is often a common culprit for fungal diseases (y)

Becky, Apr 17, 2018
  5. Alex123

Alex123

No kidding! Well you learn something new every day. Thanks, would never have guessed...

Alex123, Apr 19, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question