My own natural looking fence design.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@The Denying Dutchman
I saw very beautiful flower gardens in Copenhagen.
I saw private houses only from the side of the streets. Of course, it's always interesting to see what's inside!
I somehow suspect that your garden is different from other gardens by its originality. I love! Fence, door, stones. It reminds Scandinavian legends! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
How about bamboos?

Certain species are no invasive and grow up to manageable height.

I am planning to pot one for decorative purpose, still they can be used as natural fence.

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Thanks Larisa!

We have bamboo in quite a large zinc bowl, but it doesn't grow very fast. An uncle of mine used to have a bamboo fence as part of a Japanese styled garden. It looked very nice.I liked heather more though, because ivy (and other plants can easily stick to it to aid in the upwards growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thanks Larisa!

We have bamboo in quite a large zinc bowl, but it doesn't grow very fast. An uncle of mine used to have a bamboo fence as part of a Japanese styled garden. It looked very nice.I liked heather more though, because ivy (and other plants can easily stick to it to aid in the upwards growth.

not the lucky bamboo, I am referring to real bamboo.

its funny lucky bamboo are type of lily, bamboo is a type of grass

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
IMG_5160-700.jpg

Not sure if this is lucky bamboo or not.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
sorry, my mistake...its bamboo, but you said in zinc bowl- it looks like tub:ROFLMAO:

Is it red stem bamboo, its beautiful .

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sorry, I'm Dutch. The dictionary came up with bowl as I didn't know the English word for what we call a small tub in Dutch. :oops: :LOL:

My wife planted it years ago and forgot which kind of bamboo it is.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Last year I dediced to cut down two large birch trees, because we didn't get much sun light in the garden anymore and the millions of seeds floating through the air were driving me nuts! :confused:

Of course it's too bad to have to cut two nice trees, so I wanted something special back. Not just a wooden fence or something, no I wanted something where nature can grow as it pleases. (within certain limits of course)

I made a video of the whole project so I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making my natural looking fence.

Paul
Wow It looks so perfect..loved your idea <3.Now I can experiment something like this. :) It's so sweet of you to share this here.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I dediced to cut down two large birch trees, because we didn't get much sun light in the garden anymore and the millions of seeds floating through the air were driving me nuts! :confused:

Of course it's too bad to have to cut two nice trees, so I wanted something special back. Not just a wooden fence or something, no I wanted something where nature can grow as it pleases. (within certain limits of course)

I made a video of the whole project so I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making my natural looking fence.

Paul

Paul

wow! what a stylish looking garden

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Thank you, unfortunately I need a shed (Yes, I should have thought of that before.) so half of the fence will be gone this spring. Making a wooden shed fit in the natural looking theme will be quite a challenge, but I've got plenty of materials left so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I needed to change something anyway, heavy rain was no problem, (we had lots and lots of rain last summer) but when I emptied our above ground pool I flooded the back of our garden and the back of the neighbours garden and the firebreak behind the garden! Quite a nice little river...:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Dutchman, I have always admired yards that are beautiful because the owner wasn't afraid of a little sweat and some blisters. The picture of your van full of stones epitomizes that. I'm sure you are going to enjoy this yard for years to come.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was watching a show last night where this guy made a railing around a staircase all out of branches from his property. He stripped the bark off (a tedious job). He left the wood natural, but put a protective finish over it. It was gorgeous. It was a bit of outdoors indoors!

Ask a Question