Bunny fertilizer

Reaction score
Anyone use rabbit droppings in their gardens? I hear you can put it straight in the hole fresh from the bunny when planting transplants. They say it is the perfect natural fertilizer...I mulched my garlic last year with the stuff, and it seems to have them off to a good start.

j.w

Reaction score
I've never used it but hear it is very good! Have a friend up the road who raises rabbits and she gets tons of it and uses it on her plants and they grow very nicely!

Reaction score
That was one of the reasons I wanted to raise rabbits, aside from the cutness factor, and the tasty factor, kinda like the fertilizer factor....keepin it natural all the way around....

Reaction score
Anyone use rabbit droppings in their gardens? I hear you can put it straight in the hole fresh from the bunny when planting transplants. They say it is the perfect natural fertilizer...I mulched my garlic last year with the stuff, and it seems to have them off to a good start.

My dog eats it before I can get to it.;)

Reaction score
Clearly you don't have enough bunnies!! Look at the money you would save on dog food!! Mine likes it also, but she can't get too it on a regular basis.. :D

Reaction score
This is the only type of bunnies I have in my yard. This little guy has been hanging out in the yard, my dog has been trying to find it but it is too fast.
P1030910.JPG
P1030911.JPG

Reaction score
I see! I had a cottontail in my yard a couple years ago, then when spring hit and all the snow melted the little bugger had eaten all my shrubs and plants. So now I try to get rid of the wild ones....

Reaction score
Yeah they like to eat all my lillies and some other perennials, I even have a fence in my yard and they seem to find every little hole they can to get in.

j.w

Reaction score
One of those wild bunnies made a nest right in the middle of one of my garden beds hidden under some low hanging trees but one of my cats found the poor little babies and ate them................I was sad! I tried to rescue one hurt one but it died. Hope she doesn't do that again! It did not make my day :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a ton of rabbits, so far have not seen much damage from them, maybe cause i have so many plants, they just taste and move along.

Reaction score
Our damage happened in the winter when there was a lot of snow on the ground. One year they worked over out young pine trees. Seems nothing is safe from them when the snow coveres the ground. They even ate the bark off my apple trees. Was able to save them but still...

Ask a Question