Beauty tips

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Eating jelly candies like jujubes helps strengthen nails.
can also buy gelatin in envelopes to mix in with milk for less sugar in body. or eat sugar free jello. @Logan . If you look, they probably do make gelatin caps you can swallow.

Yep, they do. http://www.capsuledepot.com/gelatin-supplements-benefits-and-types/

perhaps in your location there is a Natural food store you can explore. I have two good ones. One has a huge herb book to look up aliments and find stuff that helps. I also have a little herb/vitamin book I use often.

Nails, is actually part of your skin organ, and skin is fed by organs in your body such as the liver. Some herbs are good at supporting liver function there by then taking care of nails and skin. Some places will have a combo of herbs for your hair and nails. finding a good resource for that is important, one that is not over processed.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm glad I'm a guy; no worries or loss of sleep over a split fingernail or what to do with my hair in fact I could easily dust my solar panel and the hair I have left is very fine with a mind of its own. :D

Is it really so important if we don't look perfect needing to spend a fortune to keep up with the latest cosmetics and hair styles; a few months ago I was amazed by how many ladies had a blonde stripe of hair down the middle of their head thinking they looked so cool; to me it made me think they resembled a skunk? If sticking lumps of metal out of skin and covering skin with tattoos is fashionable then count me out; just give me a pretty girl like my Bron who is natural anytime; I thought Bron to be gorgeous when I married her and 41 years later she still is gorgeous both within and without. :):):)

All the girlie advertising obviously is aimed directly at the girls putting one against the other as each dashes out to buy the latest must have fashion; such advertising is not applied to guys because how many rough looking guys do you see with a gorgeous lady on his arm; Bron kindly cuts my hair with the kitchen scissors; the difference between a bad or good haircut is about two weeks. I've got plenty of new clothes still with labels attached; I tend to wear just a few favourites; one is worn; one in the wash; one ready to wear of most items does me nicely. (y)

As long as I look tidy I'm OK but pottering around in the workshop or gardens I don't care if I look like a tramp; if I've got to preen myself to make me worth knowing then look elsewhere; I'm a nice person and I like myself whereas Bron loves me for what I am. :)(y)

How many young ladies spend ages sorting their dress and makeup for a night out but hit the town with plunging neckline showing their assets whilst at the other end showing their knickers only to end up laying on the pavement throwing up drunk out of their minds; hardly ladylike but then I'm old fashioned and like some things left to my imagination?

The old saying "Beauty comes from within" sums it up nicely.

Sorry girls just an old codger's biased views but Bron and I have been married 41 years; how long are these girls going to be married for behaving the way they do? :(

I'm off now to keep my head down before I'm attacked. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin you make me laugh:LOL::ROFLMAO:,but you're right. I don't colour my nails because it's so time consuming. I'd rather be out in the garden. Even though i do use gloves, my nails are dry and split up the nail. Also they'll break right across, then i haven't got the protection for the soft tip of the finger. Especially the right thumb, because I'm right handed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I don't color my nails either. Have you ever noticed that on all Mascara commercials the model is already dark haired person, given dark lashes to begin with. and it says, last all day, Like how do you know???

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't watch many adverts, but i understand what you mean, i don't use much mascara these days,but have to use a proper makeup remover to get it off because it's waterproof.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't color my nails either. Have you ever noticed that on all Mascara commercials the model is already dark haired person, given dark lashes to begin with. and it says, last all day, Like how do you know???

Thanks Esther for mentioning mascara. This takes me back 55 years to my time spent working underground in a deep coal mine; all miners looked as though they wore mascara even after coming out of the showers.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=19967600841&searchurl=isbn=9781291598308&sortby=17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title1

Fashions change with every generation but it's the person inside which really counts; there are many beautiful girls who are not beautiful inside?

I truly marvel at young ladies though especially whilst they are driving a car. If there is a pretty young lady in her car at the traffic lights in front of me strange how they always look in the rear view mirror first then seeing a guy (me) behind them they start to mess with their hair; yes I've now noticed you and you look gorgeous so please note the green light; I've seen one young lady playing with her hair; adjusting her makeup and lipstick; mobile phone welded to ear whilst trying to eat a sandwich all whilst at a red traffic light; I just don't now how they cope because I'm hopeless at multitasking?

Back to the plot though Logan; I manage to wash behind my ears. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
IMG_0241.JPG
The past few years i've got splitting fingernails. I'm trying to remember to put hand cream on after i've got my hands wet.
Logan, if you can find these vitamins in your stores, get them. As I got older my nails started to crack to the point of causing pain. After 3 months of taking 2 of these a day my nails have returned to their nice solid texture.

Ask a Question