Beauty tips

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Now that Christmas is sort of over,has anyone got any beauty tips? It can be tips for males as well.

This is mine.

Conditioning hair,

I've got long hair and coloured. It's very fine hair so it doesn't like being coloured. Got dry ends so before i wash it, i put coconut oil on the ends. Wash it with a combined shampoo and conditioner, rince then put on another conditioner, it can be anything sometimes i use a hair mask. Pile your hair on your head and wrap it with clingfilm. Leave for 10mins and rince. Wrap a towel round your head for about 10 mins or more, never rub the hair. I keep the towel on until it's nearly dry. When it's time to comb my hair and dry it, i put on a finnishing serum to help with the combing and condition it further. Never use a hair dryer because it's long. Having 2 conditioners really makes it soft.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I've got long curly dry hair. And I used to just let it dry as is but I found out that conditioner, any conditioner, when it gets on my skin causes a rash. Doesn't matter how much I rinse and I ended up scratching my neck raw and now actually have a scar from it.

So now I wash it every 3rd day, straighten it and use a shower cap the other two. If I didn't straighten it, after the first day, I would look like an extra for Quest for Fire! I have been using Tresemme "Expert" with macadamia oil and wheat proteins. The spray bottle cost me $5 and looks like it will last a month or so. I spray a bit on my hands then run the through my hair. My hair is so dry that I have to do this 3 or 4 times a day. Not a heavy amount. My hair seems to drink it and my neck is tolerating the once every days deal.

I use more lotions at this time of year. Especially for the RILS, right itchy leg syndrome,... you know, car heater blasting on right leg, skin drying more than the other leg....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Been blessed with wonderful thick, shoulder length, wavy and perfect color hair. A real red head I am, and as I have aged it is slowly turning a copper blond, used to be the color of a copper crayon. Sp thus will never considering coloring it.
Shampoo---I practice rotating them, have three open at all times, twice with one, then twice with another etc. wash may hair every 3 days, what that does is stop shampoo build up, the new shampoo with wash out any build up of the last one. and I keep them as natural as I can. And never conditioner. Only if out on the water fishing in the harsh salt air, then a dab will do it. I use no products on my hair, a quick blow dry and a little curling iron to control the direction and I am good to go.
Face--wash with Noxzema, use some natural masks couple times a month. my face lotion is always Clarins.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I've got long curly dry hair. And I used to just let it dry as is but I found out that conditioner, any conditioner, when it gets on my skin causes a rash. Doesn't matter how much I rinse and I ended up scratching my neck raw and now actually have a scar from it.

So now I wash it every 3rd day, straighten it and use a shower cap the other two. If I didn't straighten it, after the first day, I would look like an extra for Quest for Fire! I have been using Tresemme "Expert" with macadamia oil and wheat proteins. The spray bottle cost me $5 and looks like it will last a month or so. I spray a bit on my hands then run the through my hair. My hair is so dry that I have to do this 3 or 4 times a day. Not a heavy amount. My hair seems to drink it and my neck is tolerating the once every days deal.

I use more lotions at this time of year. Especially for the RILS, right itchy leg syndrome,... you know, car heater blasting on right leg, skin drying more than the other leg....
You do what's best for you. Never heard of RILS,
I leave my wet hair in the towel wrapped around my head, until it's almost dry. What about using some coconut oil on your hair, then wash it with a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Been blessed with wonderful thick, shoulder length, wavy and perfect color hair. A real red head I am, and as I have aged it is slowly turning a copper blond, used to be the color of a copper crayon. Sp thus will never considering coloring it.
Shampoo---I practice rotating them, have three open at all times, twice with one, then twice with another etc. wash may hair every 3 days, what that does is stop shampoo build up, the new shampoo with wash out any build up of the last one. and I keep them as natural as I can. And never conditioner. Only if out on the water fishing in the harsh salt air, then a dab will do it. I use no products on my hair, a quick blow dry and a little curling iron to control the direction and I am good to go.
Face--wash with Noxzema, use some natural masks couple times a month. my face lotion is always Clarins.
Glad that you don't have to colour your hair. The colour sounds great. I've always conditioned mine, never always coloured it, until i started to go grey. Now that I'm 60 i think that i'll stop doing it and get used to it. Haven't heard of Noxzema.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
You do what's best for you. Never heard of RILS,
I leave my wet hair in the towel wrapped around my head, until it's almost dry. What about using some coconut oil on your hair, then wash it with a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner.

It seems I am sensitive to every known conditioner. They make my hair lovely but cause acute itching - I was using cortisone cream it got so bad. I've tried the sensitive skin stuff, the hypoallergenic type of thing. So now it is every three days and because my hair is so dry, it doesn't get anywhere near the "greasy" look. So, all in all. It's what works for me.

If you lived over here with minus 20c , your car heater would be on full blast whilst driving- hence the itchy right leg for the driver :)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It seems I am sensitive to every known conditioner. They make my hair lovely but cause acute itching - I was using cortisone cream it got so bad. I've tried the sensitive skin stuff, the hypoallergenic type of thing. So now it is every three days and because my hair is so dry, it doesn't get anywhere near the "greasy" look. So, all in all. It's what works for me.

If you lived over here with minus 20c , your car heater would be on full blast whilst driving- hence the itchy right leg for the driver :)
That's great news.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
It seems I am sensitive to every known conditioner. They make my hair lovely but cause acute itching
try putting the conditioner on your hair with your wet hair tossed forward and only midway to the ends, not near your scalp. and then normal rinse again, letting no conditioner touch your scalp. your scalp should give off some oils to help the top half that you did not condition.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
try putting the conditioner on your hair with your wet hair tossed forward and only midway to the ends, not near your scalp. and then normal rinse again, letting no conditioner touch your scalp. your scalp should give off some oils to help the top half that you did not condition.

Tried all sorts of gymnastics. As soon as my hair touches my skin, wet or dry, the nasty itching starts. Really weird. I can stand using cortisone one night out of three.. this only started a couple of years ago.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The past few years i've got splitting fingernails. I'm trying to remember to put hand cream on after i've got my hands wet.

Ask a Question