The Beauty of Nevada

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was talking about where I live and a friend actually scoffed at me. They said "What is so beautiful about Nevada? It is hot, dry, and just a wasteland." I was appalled. Then I realized that I never show images of Northern Nevada anywhere and so I thought I'd show them off here. Just keep in mind I did not take these pictures and they are from various places in Northern Nevada. When I am able I will take my own images and show them.

178513332-Tahoe-Lake_CC_920.jpg

ar124528461417658.JPG

cba093c2c6061372c6b9bb758a44e9bc.jpg

SDP7.jpg

photo%252819%25291.jpg

Reaction score
Wow, the first picture is really beautiful! Nevada looks like a really beautiful place! By the way, not cool at all what your friend said, Id not like someone to tell me something like that about my state, even if it was true (which isn't), but you get what I mean. Thanks for sharing those pictures with us :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
muy bien (y). I'm a native New Yorker and this place really doesn't impress me. But I only say that because I've been to all the states (except Alaska) and a few countries. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I love the diversity of Nevada. The Lake Tahoe area and Sierra Nevda Mts. are a sharp contrast to the south eastern part of the state. I wanted to spend more time in the Valley of Fire, spectacular, as was the western Grand Canyon and several other National and State Parks we trekked through. Unbelievable color that was not really captured with my phone.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
While they are pretty pictures, it's not my cup of tea. Keep in mind that I love the water and the green/blue mountains of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian. I just like more green and trees, rather than snow capped mountains and prairies. But thanks for posting the pictures.

I think that's one thing that people who aren't from the US don't realize - how big and diverse our country truly is. All the staets are different and have their own personality. You can't just look at one area and think that you now what it's like. Like you've pointed out, there's even a huge different between different parts of the same state.

Take Virginia for instance. You have the metro DC area that's very urban, you have the Chesapeake Bay area with all the water and rivers, you have the Blue Ridge mountains, with the forests and caves. Then you have the rural farming areas. All within a couple hours drive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh there are green areas, I just don't have the images for those. When I get the ability too I will get some photos together. Nevada is a very diverse stated in terms of environment as @Jewell said.

@deepestblues, the only states I haven't been too are Washington and Hawaii. I am originally from GA.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks lovely Kimers (y)

Grew up with American geology books that featured a lot of your landscape :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It is not fair to generalise. Any State has its own good and bad points and if like you have found the good points that's all that matters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
I have never had a chance in my life to be in a desert, it is on my list of places I want to go to before I die. I am a huge fan off all nature so I am sure that I will never regret going, even if it is really really hot. I really want to go to Nevada or Arizona

I think geographically, short of my love for the seasons here in the Northeastern US and Canada nothing has ever effected me like when I was flying over the British Isles, it was autumn and one of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen. The emeralds, the farm thickets and such a rich tapestry of country. So very beautiful! I did not care we had to do figure 8's above Heathrow for so long, it was worth it. I will return one day and hopefully stop other places, like Ireland & Scotland maybe in to Iceland to enjoy the Northern Lights.

Ask a Question