Beauty tips

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

QUOTE="Esther Knapicius, post: 129008, member: 2011"]so right, my husband can be on the phone and I signal him about something, and he can't take both in.[/QUOTE]

Guys have single track minds Esther; most guys these days just think about sport? I'm usually deeply focussed on projects but even so I only do one project at a time; I fully understand what you say about your husband and the phone; I'm exactly the same with Bron when Bron tries to catch my attention. :) (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi,

QUOTE="Esther Knapicius, post: 129008, member: 2011"]so right, my husband can be on the phone and I signal him about something, and he can't take both in.

Guys have single track minds Esther; most guys these days just think about sport? I'm usually deeply focussed on projects but even so I only do one project at a time; I fully understand what you say about your husband and the phone; I'm exactly the same with Bron when Bron tries to catch my attention. :) (y)

Kind regards, Colin.[/QUOTE]

Colin, I must disagree with you about the single track mind. I can set out in the morning to do a project and on the way to it get distracted with another. As I work on that one I can get distracted by a third. And so on and so on. At the end of the day my wife will ask if the original project is finished and I have to admit it isn't. See, I don't have a single track mind. :)(n)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice one Silentrunning. (y):)

I wonder how many guys start a job and never finish so that they won't be asked again to do another job? :D;)

A friends wife has just had the side of her nose pierced and is now wearing some kind of jewel; she complained it made her nose bleed.

Rings through lips; ears and tongue; how sad it must be to have to resort to this kind of thing to be noticed? It really puts me off. :( The girls are no better either. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
wonder how many guys start a job and never finish so that they won't be asked again to do another job?
but I don't ask him to do a project, he starts something and then starts something else and does not finish first or second. but after 27 years of marriage its just go with the flow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I think the greatest beauty enhancement for a woman is a smile. It works every time.

Uh ... Well, maybe ... (In the photo - not me !!! :p )

1253098475_opr000q1.jpg

I love grandmother's beauty recipes. I know how to cook soap, make excellent masks for the hair and face, peeling ... Castor or burdock oil for the growth of eyelashes. Beer for hair styling. Indian sea rice for a good complexion - it all works great for me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States

View attachment 30835

I love grandmother's beauty recipes. I know how to cook soap, make excellent masks for the hair and face, peeling ... Castor or burdock oil for the growth of eyelashes. Beer for hair styling. Indian sea rice for a good complexion - it all works great for me.

Words fail me!!!!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

View attachment 30835

Many thanks for posting the picture of this young lady Larisa. (y):)

This lady's picture should be shown every time at the start of our BBC News on TV?

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Colin I hope that the BBC News is not so hopeless! :D
But this photo can be used in other TV programs. For example, "Food supplements and genetics," "Horrors of plastic surgery" or advertising of pink cars with lots of plush toys inside. :D

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Oh yes Larisa; the BBC News is terrible. :( The BBC appear to concentrate on SPORT first then scour the world for badness of some kind; this is why Bron and I never watch the news. Why start our day every day with doom and gloom when we can hook the TV up to YouTube and start our day a great deal better? :)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I was about 6 yrs old and I was with my mom and sister walking through the ladies department of the Hudson Bay store in downtown Calgary. I so hated being dragged through the ladies department by my mom and sisters! Anyways we see the backside of a familiar person standing at one of the cosmetics counters. We approach and mom hollers, "Oh my, such vanity!" My aunt whips around with a scowl on her face, "Put a cork in it! I'll meet you in the cafeteria." So I got a big plate of French fries and gravy and a funny episode between my mom and one of her sisters, that made the trip through the ladies department worth it.

And I admit to having some vanity about my hair. I'm the adopted half Cree in a family of Danes and English. All the men in the family are bald but I have a full head of hair down to my waist! And it's been waist length for thirty plus years. I won't grow any longer than that. I think I had an inch trimmed off about 20yrs ago. I only towel dry my hair and my sisters are always giving me little bottle of oils to rub into my hair after I shower. That's it for my beauty, oh, I do keep a couple bottles of expensive men's cologne just for those rare occasions.

Ask a Question