Beauty tips

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
And I admit to having some vanity about my hair. I'm the adopted half Cree in a family of Danes and English. All the men in the family are bald but I have a full head of hair down to my waist! And it's been waist length for thirty plus years.

You and my ex might be related (Danish and English), except he doesn't share your lovely crop of hair. Men get very sensitive about their baldness, so pamper yourself away, as the advert says, you're worth it.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You and my ex might be related (Danish and English), except he doesn't share your lovely crop of hair. Men get very sensitive about their baldness, so pamper yourself away, as the advert says, you're worth it.

Thanks alp; I'm one guy who couldn't care less about being bald; well half bald so far due to a very wide parting; I'm who I am and don't try to make out I'm someone else. I'm environmentally friendly having a solar panel. :D:D:)

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I would love to have hair I could wear! I see my danish/english heritage must be at the root of my increasingly aerodynamic problem. Here is an inspirational picture.
1etatfxx0vf01.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
When I was 3 years old and we lived in Regina, my Dad took my 2 brothers to the barber and Mom sent me along with them, presumably to get me gone for awhile too. Well, at the barbershop Dad got to shooting the breeze with the boys and didn't notice all three of us kids getting a tidy brush cut ... :eek: bet you can figure out what Mom had to say when we got home!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
When i was 11 years old,i started going to secondary school. I had long hair, but my mom thought that I had to have it cut short. When i got to the school I was devestated that the girls had long hair. When i got home i told my mom.I wasn't very pleased with her.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When I was young, my eldest sister tried her hairdressing technique on me. I ended up crying and she then bribed me.

I had to cut my son's hair and it was perfect until I had to trim the bottom bit with a finer setting. He ended up with a band of shorter hair all across his head. He had to wear a hat all through the holiday .. I was so embarrassed.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I took my son to the hairdresser when he was very young. It was expensive so i watched how they did it, got a pair of hairdressing scissors and did it myself. It looked just as good how they did it. But I'm like that,i can pick things up easily.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I took my son to the hairdresser when he was very young. It was expensive so i watched how they did it, got a pair of hairdressing scissors and did it myself. It looked just as good how they did it. But I'm like that,i can pick things up easily.

Good for you. My son is scared of the noise still and he suffers from social anxiety. And I thought I was doing a good job!

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In secondary school my English teacher Mrs Hurst had a few goes at me saying "Wood get your hair cut". My uncle cut my hair he being an ex despatch rider/barber in the army; the next day at school with Mrs Hurst "Wood what on earth have you done with your hair"; I said I've had it cut miss. (1/4" crew cut). :p

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
He is gone now, but near the University there was a barber name Bean. He was a military man and once out of the war, set up shop. He opened by 6 am and was closed by later that morning, and he gave one type of haircut, short. @Colin you may have met someone he knew?

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm sure military barbers only receive a few minutes training DirtMechanic; how to switch on the clippers? :D

I've been called a lot worse Logan; the English teacher used to call me a "guttersnipe" when I did things wrong. Our bully of a woodwork teacher called every lad "Septimus" saving him having to learn our names; the English teacher I liked and she taught me so much; the woodwork teacher put me off woodworking and I often thought he would be better teaching needlework because during my four years of him I was taught very little about woodworking.

Kind regards, Colin.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You lot were so lucky - woodwork, home economics and what not. We had nothing but academic studies. And everything was taught in English. One week during the school year, we had to speak to one another in English or we would be caught out and punished. Amazed to see how people could do woodwork, wiring, dressmaking and art..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good job you weren't taught woodworking by my woodworking teacher alp; you certainly wouldn't consider it lucky; I didn't. I never liked sport either because I was so skinny and weak through severe asthma and to this day although I'm now quite well I dislike any sport with a passion although I now love woodworking. :)

I've never been into dressmaking though. :D:D:D

Kind regards, Colin,

Ask a Question