Animals in your garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes...My bird feeders are under a pine tree for protection, but circle of life and Darwinism, I guess! Tons of hawks and eagles in this region. Ospreys too, on the Great Lakes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The Hawk is a red tail and a female, she was back sitting in the same spot, even with all the snow we had today, so for the next few weeks I'll have to keep my eye on her.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
I think it is keeping an eye on the bird houses hoping for a meal coming in or going out...still you don't want to assume it will not make an attempt on Fern. Best to keep an eye out for sure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20170217_034136.jpg
This is the calling card of a wombat. Whilst I don't see him very often I certainly know when he's visited. This is as he is leaving my driveway and heading up the "footpath" to visit the neighbour. They love a ledge;). And they are such heavy slow animals it must be an effort to climb up on any platform in order to let you know they have been.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
rps20170217_070715.jpg
This cocky was so aggressive yesterday morning, absolutely screeching for food and went on for quite sometime and look at his stance. He was flapping his wings and display his crest. The noise
rps20170217_070901.jpg
rps20170217_070928.jpg
was horrible actually, quite deafening and unpleasant, even the cat ran inside.
Once he gave up, after his mates came and went, my gardening lopers left on the table caught his eye and he had to have a closer look. Very funny.
Their official name is Sulphur Crested Cockatoo and are described in my bird book as...Voice: extremely loud, raucius screech:confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
This is a small hare. It looks very nice in the spring. Doe-hare in spring brings posterity in our garden. Last spring my husband was mowing the grass and accidentally wounded hare. Fortunately, the wound was small, and I took the hare in order to treat his ear. My husband was upset, but continued to mow.

Then out of the scythe a second hare jumped into , then a third ... then another ... Then the husband threw a scythe . It flew several meters and missing in the thick grass.
I was glad that the children in the day did not come with us and they could not hear such strong language from her father. Children are accustomed to, it is quiet and well-mannered man.
All summer we rarely seen hare in the forest. In the fall, these pests - hare come into our garden and ate all of our corn. If I catch the hare spring again, I tie a knot on his ears!

IMG_0450.JPG

This reptile. We live in peace with them.

IMG_7830.JPG

IMG_6864.JPG

IMG_6892.JPG

Toads may behave aggressively. They love to burrow into the new beds with loose soil. When I start to work in the garden, toad pops up from the ground and tries to attack.

IMG_6266.JPG

This hedgehog. We can see it in the garden in the evening. Hedgehog likes milk.

IMG_2468.JPG

This shrew. Lovely, is not it?

IMG_2551.JPG

This hawk moth. A bit like a hummingbird in the dark.

IMG_4728.JPG

This catbird. Catbirds horrible crooks. They eat berries in our gardens.

IMG_2610.JPG

This is the main character of the garden - Cat Barsik. It should scare the birds and mice. But lazy cat sleeps in the garden. Sometimes it catches mice, but somewhere far away. And then he brings them and release next to me in our garden. He does not understand why I was screaming and jumping. :sneaky:

IMG_2548.JPG

Ask a Question