5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Look good, Perki ! You could focus on the same snowdrop and turn the dial to see the number of pixels and the final products. I have found out that by using a certain function, the photo size decreases by more than half. Also, try orange to see if it is orange on screen as my Samsung can't handle the fabulous vibrant colour of my Trollius. Try the camera again when it is sunny. Mainly try to focus on pollen on your hellebores to see if they come out well. Glad that you are happy with it. I am sure I am over-bossy! Wonder if there are tutorials on youtube for the same camera. Was thinking of getting a Nikon and being nosy, asked a lady who used a bulky lens on your Nikon in the park. She said it cost her £1600! Ouch, the price hurt!

I have a new buyer who is paying my asking price. After that, I can live on the proceeds of the house and hopefully, I can buy another bungalow with 100 feet garden which I am going to view today!

Good morning to a dark day.

Glad that the weather is getting warmer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Better to have a new buyer the last one were taking the michael .

Its only a compact camera - Sony Rx 100 V - I can't carry DSLR when I am on my bike without a rucksack and when i am trekking about not handy then either, it is top of the range compact camera cost £1000 when they first come out , think I will look on youtube for some tutorials and download a handbook.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I have accepted £390K, far better £386,500 and a builder coming pointing to the asbestos in the garage roof. The new buyer knows about the asbestos and I have told him that whatever the surveyor's report, I would not take less. If he doesn't buy, I will put the house on the market for £400 to £425K. Now that someone is letting, life is more relaxed.

I am sure the colours will be good, with a Sony. Glad that you're happy with it. Hey, new boy toy, @Perki ! Come on, happy snapping -

Sun is shining and your new boy toy smiling,
For your photos we are pining!

LOL! Need to go and snap up a bungalow with 100 feet garden.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Zenj 's photography is stunning! The use of light is amazing. I'd love to snap the last one like yours! Need to go to the post office soon. Been phoning around.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Zenji nice pictures especially the hellebores , I have one hellebore and its incredibly boring compared to some.

Going to pop down asda and get some lens cleaner , I have had another dabble this morning taking photos but I can't see much difference with my old cheap camera :unsure: unless its just me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Zenji nice pictures especially the hellebores , I have one hellebore and its incredibly boring compared to some.

Going to pop down asda and get some lens cleaner , I have had another dabble this morning taking photos but I can't see much difference with my old cheap camera :unsure: unless its just me.

I am surprised you bought a new one. I remember your gorgeous skunky flowers (you know the crown imperalis?) They were stunning photos. I like this emoji :unsure:.

Been out to see the bungalow - two bathrooms need to be gutted. Horrible artex everywhere. I love the garden as it has a big pond and this water feature in terms of GALLON!

The semi-detached is bright and airy and near the station and yet quiet. I love their neighbour's chicken coop!

None of them was willing to lower the price. The more fool me!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
alp the pink mottled one is one you sent me it as loads of buds this year :)

Don't think I have taken as pretty a pic like the one you did though, Zenj !

I am quite happy as those I bought this year actually flowered. Very pleased. Don't have to wait for one year for them to flower and then realised that they were what they were supposed to be a year later.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My new acquisitions have come good a few months after purchase. I did tell the man that I wanted to see flowers this year and he has done well

basal red ruffled collar

A local man trying to buy my hellebore asked me what this was and I HAD NO IDEA!

This is another brilliant one!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Yesterday's weather report was spot on. After 12 noon, no more sunshine and it was quite windy.

Hellebores are really amazing as there are such a lot of configurations of details in amongst the plants. Some petals are pointed, some joint up like a star shape and some with separate petal with round ends. The mutation is endless. There are dashed lines, some big blotch, some freckled, some like a fungal root growth. Very interesting stuff.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening its been a nice warm day today spent most of the day at the GC didn't get much saved a camellia out of the sale / sick bay its pretty good nick about 40cm tall but doesn't have any buds on not bad for 99p , got a little hellebore niger and some busy lizzie seedling a dahlia tuber and that's it , cheap visit really but will be back in a couple of weeks or earlier . Lots of Hellebore about but not much variety.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
99p?;)

No, you didn't get niger!? That's so common. I have to get rid of a lot of hellebores as I won't have such a big space for them in the new place which is still to be hunted. I so want to cry. I am literally spoilt here. There is a bungalow but the whole innard needs to be gutted and that costs and is stressful as so much needs to be done - a dark green bathroom pieces which is locked in 1930s and another toilet next to it. I ask you why you need two toilets next to each other. But it has a 110 feet garden and there is already a huge pond which I so want. The owner would not budge in the price, saying that they had dropped £25K already. Now I have to stretch to Chelmsford which is a city of stress and snobs. You don't have free parking in the city centre even on Sundays.

Was thinking of going to London Zoo, but the weather seems to be dodgy.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Viewed a few houses with gardens and dogs and this story chimes with me

Walkies? No chance! Less than half of dogs get a daily stroll because owners can't be bothered, survey finds
  • New survey found the average weekday dog walk is less than 20 minutes long
  • Researchers discovered that 58 per cent of dogs aren't walked on a daily basis
  • The survey of 1,501 found 20 per cent claim their dog did not like poor weather
Saw a lovely garden and was warned not to go in there because of dog mess! A most disgusting practice. I don't mind people letting their dogs do their business in the garden, but why can't they localise the toilet area. As it was, the whole garden was a minefield. Same as in another garden which afforded a panoramic view across rooftops, but again, the garden was strewn with the unwanted calling cards. But her house didn't smell at all, which was decidedly a bonus!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Hellebore Niger I know its as common as muck but I am lacking colour at the moment and it were only £2 I probably put it in a corner out of the way , same with the camellia haven't got a clue where to plant that :unsure:

This were flowering inside the GH , I would have it in a heart beat if I had a conservatory.

Next door got two dogs , they are quite inquisitive when I am in the garden sometimes just set off barking. They moved in last year October ish I've never seen them once take the dogs out for a walk .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question