5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Zenj ! Lovely animation! I should try to get one of these! Just makes me smile! And such a sweet surprise when I am now hot and croaky in the throat.

Yesterday I bought 4 x 29p potatoes. I reckon it would be 1p up the road on 27th as it doesn't open on 26th!

A whole salmon! And I ended up chopping it to pieces as I was too late. They was NONE in Morrisons and in Asda it was reduced to £4.97 and I got the heaviest there was £15 with some change. It was horrid chopping it. Next year, i must get to Morrisons earlier. Another thing was that I must get the duck from Asda as they have always been cheaper £6 iinstead of the £10 in Morrisons. Got a frozen one from Lidl for £6.99 with giblets in. Not much good. Turned out to be no bigger than the £4 one from Farm Shop.

I don't bake or use the rolling pin. Just love the onyx
SAM_0166.JPG
Only for house viewing!

Here, duck being hung!
SAM_0164.JPG

Have a lovely day, everyone!

Attachments

• SAM_0165.JPG
    SAM_0165.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 99

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Merry Christmas, Logan!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Alp sorry to hear that you've got a cold.
Good thing that your son can help.

Woke up at 4.45 and found that the boiler wasn't working, could be the fan. Got a emersion boiler that will give us hot water, but no heating. Got a gas fire. It's still under warranty and they'll come on friday. Never mind it will be ok, just had my first glass of sherry but not going to drink a lot.
Got the turkey in at 5.30, that will take 5 hours but my oven is fast so it might be sooner.
Have to walk the boys first at 10am. As long as they'll go with the turkey on the counter.
Try to have a good day.:)

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Alp sorry to hear that you've got a cold.
Good thing that your son can help.

Woke up at 4.45 and found that the boiler wasn't working, could be the fan. Got a emersion boiler that will give us hot water, but no heating. Got a gas fire. It's still under warranty and they'll come on friday. Never mind it will be ok, just had my first glass of sherry but not going to drink a lot.
Got the turkey in at 5.30, that will take 5 hours but my oven is fast so it might be sooner.
Have to walk the boys first at 10am. As long as they'll go at with the turkey on the counter.
Try to have a good day.:)

Good grief! It has chosen the worst day to sulk, hasn't it? Just as well that your son is not coming!

Just had some almighty sneezes and eyes and nose got all itchy and runny! Nice excuse not to work!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good grief! It has chosen the worst day to sulk, hasn't it? Just as well that your son is not coming!

Just had some almighty sneezes and eyes and nose got all itchy and runny! Nice excuse not to work!
Yes it was on both accounts,yes a good excuse.
Try to have a good day.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Winter beauties

Angel

SAM_0167.JPG

SAM_0166.JPG

SAM_0165.JPG
SAM_0164.JPG
SAM_0163.JPG

SAM_0168.JPG
SAM_0169.JPG

SAM_0170.JPG
SAM_0171.JPG

The poor snowdrop has been twisted and turned by me. You've a better chance of reading my finger prints than the flower! And another new one has been damaged by ss...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I ate so much and my tummy has been a bit funny because of the cold. Ex also came up with a cold. Son was left cutting the spring onions into strips and he said to me that I should have bought 2 bunches. Before he finished the first one, his eyes were already bothering him. I just laughed when we were having our lunch about his idea of buying 2 bunches. I hope he appreciates my hard labour as he has been put through the hard work. I am going to have a cup of hot tea and watch TV now. Just watched a bit of Gardening and suburbia .. So lovely to see people flocking to gardening centres. I hope to feel that buzz soon. Ah, winter solstice has been! Yes!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The air had been so bad. I was awake until 1.30. Didn't even know how I managed to fall asleep. Much less condensation than yesterday. Yesterday, the lawn was covered with hard frost. Going to be a very busy day!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all and Alp, sorry that you didn't feel so good yesterday with your cold.
We ate too much yesterday as always, but still managed to have a slice of gateaux and sandwiches,didn't have any chocolates. Your son was good doing everything.

All we watched was the Christmas special of call the midwife and eastenders after.

Have someone come to look at the boiler on Friday, know when on friday.

Next week i'll get into the garden again, got to put the grease bands on the apple trees.

Sorry that you didn't sleep well, have a good day.

Going to have the same food today.

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all a much milder start to the day forecasting a high of 11c this aft,Had a bad nights sleep too over indulged eating indigestion and heartburn all night serves me right.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all a much milder start to the day forecasting a high of 11c this aft,Had a bad nights sleep too over indulged eating indigestion and heartburn all night serves me right.

:LOL:! Funny thing was that I was actually hungry this morning at 1.30am. People look at bargains whilst I have been looking at woodchips since 8.30. And I am perspiring and breathless.
SAM_0120.JPG
SAM_0121.JPG

Wish I had accepted the 378K. Now there will be at least another week before anybody could view this house and the air quality has been diabolical. I just want to pass the house with a bit more integrity such as no external electric wiring or wood chips. If the air had smelt like that when he offered, I would have accepted it. Now I fell down to the earth with a bang. They disappeared for more than a week. Even now, the house looks like deserted, but the air tells ta different story.

@Logan That's they joy of Christmas meal. You will eat it for days and the very sight puts you off. Going to have the old soup with giblets now. How exciting. But I followed the Pope's advice - forego materialism .. :LOL:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan That's they joy of Christmas meal. You will eat it for days and the very sight puts you off. Going to have the old soup with giblets now. How exciting. But I followed the Pope's advice - forego materialism .. :LOL:

:LOL:We don't mind having it every day, it's easy to do. Even the boys have had a bit of Christmas dinner, except the stuffing.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question