5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a cold and quiet house. I had to open the bathroom window and the cold wasn't inviting to getting up. So I went and shut the window and went back to bed. For one, my very old Nokia actually sounded the alarm, so hoovered the place and made tea and something to eat for breakfast. Going to crack on the other side of the wall later. What a nuisance this artexing and woodchips are.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp, that wood chip was very popular in it's day. The artex might cover up a lot of things underneath.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp, that wood chip was very popular in it's day. The artex might cover up a lot of things underneath.:)

It's a nightmare. Hard to get rid of and I nearly collapsed at 5 to 4pm and I started at 9 or earlier. Torment. There is still a lot to do. Should have taken the 378K. I could be planning my life in a bungalow with 90 feet wide and across and 30 by 40 at the front. It might not be mine now. Now, I still have quite a bit to go. So tough! Still a bit light in the head and itchy in the nose from the nasty cold.

The only consolation was that I could listen to A stranger in my home and other crime stories on TV. Start 8.30 after Paper Review!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp at least you feel a bit better. A bit of advice, please wear a mask when you're taking the artex off the ceiling if there's a lot of dust.

Why don't you see if you could get that bungalow?
It might still be for sale.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The plasterman has told me not to touch them as there was a bit of asbestos in it. Whether I get the bungalow or not remains to be seen. I think one more day or removing woodchip wall paper, we are more or less ready to paint this room. Whole day removing woodchip wall paper.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The plasterman has told me not to touch them as there was a bit of asbestos in it. Whether I get the bungalow or not remains to be seen. I think one more day or removing woodchip wall paper, we are more or less ready to paint this room. Whole day removing woodchip wall paper.
At least you know now not to touch it.
It does take a long time. Have you got one of those steamers?
Hopefully get the boiler fixed today, if he doesn't phone he'll be here between 8 and 10 this morning.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - not very chilly in the lean to and it's going to be the first day I will go out.

upload_2018-12-28_7-26-1.png

a bit grey, but hopefully once the sun is out, my house will be warm.

Another busy day. Things are everywhere!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I like it when christmas is over, i can get back to the garden if the weather is right.
I make enough stuffing for the rest of the year so going to put that in freezer, put some of the turkey in as well.
Next year going to have the dinner later and not have sandwiches. Can't eat as much these days and we haven't started on the chocolates.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
At least you know now not to touch it.
It does take a long time. Have you got one of those steamers?
Hopefully get the boiler fixed today, if he doesn't phone he'll be here between 8 and 10 this morning.

I knew it well before your precious advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all looks nice and dry outside ,we have loads still to eat the tele as been abysmal this year so sick of that too .Have had a few plant and seed catalogues delivered by post so have been looking at those and farmer Gracy on line 18% off at the moment.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all looks nice and dry outside ,we have loads still to eat the tele as been abysmal this year so sick of that too .Have had a few plant and seed catalogues delivered by post so have been looking at those and farmer Gracy on line 18% off at the moment.

Let me have a look. Hope to find the skunky plant with variegated leaves. Anything that is good has gone, probably. Have you got a code please? Every bit helps!;)

TV has been repeats and repeats. The most annoying thing is that channel 66 will be repeated as a block on channel 71 or somewhere similar! Then there is the unwatchable Carry on or black and white which even my ex has never heard of! I am watching Press and I think it could be based on Kelvin MacKenzie or just Fleet Street gossips.

I am actually worried by the project called Resonance in which the government spies on us on the excuse of fighting terrorism. I'm not best pleased when Gmail suggested answers for me to use, as if some dark agents had been reading my emails and knew all my email contents. No wonder the government is worried that Huawei is involved in G5 mobile development.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

This is so pretty
And I'm drooling over this one - Fashion Monger

Crinum

Too expensive

bessera-elegans-4_grande.jpg