5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just come back Chelmsford and son bought a pair of Dr Martens. Hope he feels comfortable in them. £40 reduced. Bought a Jaeger shirt for him for £15. So many people and so difficult to find a car parking space.

Funny thing was that I saw Farmer Gracy's catalogue and realised that my dahlia outside the bay window is actually Art Deco!

Some lovely flowers from gc
SAM_0062.JPG
SAM_0063.JPG

SAM_0064.JPG
SAM_0065.JPG

Don't really like this camellia, but it's quite photogenic!

SAM_0066.JPG

Fatsia with beautifully serrated leaves.

Always love variegated leaves

SAM_0067.JPG

SAM_0068.JPG
SAM_0069.JPG

Chelmsford town centre.
SAM_0071.JPG

Chelmer river! Lovely! Very expensive. Pay for parking even on a Sunday! Blah, greedy scrooge!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
HOLIDAYS18 Farmer Gracy code alp I ordered the Bessera yesterday:)

30 corms30 £12.50 From Sarah Raven! So dear. Apparently it has a long flowering period. Thank you for the code!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Fancying this happening in Scotland

Flat owner whose 100ft trees left her upstairs neighbours feeling 'depressed and imprisoned' in their own home WINS five-year battle to avoid cutting them down
  • Susan Rhodes has been locked in a legal dispute with Ian Walker over 100ft trees
  • Mr Walker claims Ms Rhodes' large trees block the sunlight from entering his flat
  • He claims the lack of natural light has left him feeling depressed and imprisoned
  • Dundee City Council previously ordered the trees to be trimmed but the ruling has now been quashed

7897720-0-image-a-31_1545997574314.jpg

I agree with Right to Light! Cruelty par excellennce!
    I am dreaming about my detached house with dual aspects perhaps!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Zenj Have you been to Asda?

7903832-0-image-a-12_1546012065768.jpg

Asda sends shoppers into a frenzy by giving away FREE packs of vegetables leftover from Christmas in Boxing Day bonanza at stores across UK
  • Boxes of free vegetables are up for grabs in cities across the UK in Asda stores
  • Items are only available to shoppers who travel to the stores, and not online
  • Some people have said the items should be donated to charity or food banks

@Perki Have you had a good Christmas?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all

Going to some gc to see if I can pick up some end of season packets of seeds. Got some sweet peas yesterday from B&Q for 50p each. The one in Chelmsford is huge. They have already cleared all the Christmas trees. Before Christmas, they were reduced from £3 (without root) to £1.50 and I reckon tons of them have gone to recycling. The new trend seems to be each kid gets one tree!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2018-12-29_6-40-36.png

A grey but warmish day!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's blooming early! Golden mimosa tree in Bournemouth which usually blossoms in spring is in full flower already after a sunny 2018
upload_2018-12-29_7-4-0.png

Glorious! 2 months early

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,Alp good luck at the GC. Hopefully get the boiler fixed today, was yesterday but the man who supposed to have come phoned in sick. Baxi tried to find someone else but couldn't find one close enough, so fingers crossed.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,Alp good luck at the GC. Hopefully get the boiler fixed today, was yesterday but the man who supposed to have come phoned in sick. Baxi tried to find someone else but couldn't find one close enough, so fingers crossed.

I don't think anybody wants to work until 2nd of January. I have got a man coming to give me a quote on 2nd and another one starting work on 4th. I wish I could do everything myself. My ex praised my son, saying that within 5 minutes inside his house, son diagnosed that there was too much pressure in the boiler and he managed to stop the boiler from "violently vibrating"! Wish someone else gave my son a chance. He is clever in his quaint ways!

Hope your boiler will be restored soon. It's almighty inconvenient not to have heating at this time of the year! Mind you, I had to open the loft door the whole of last night. Torment is an understatement!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really bother with Christmas anymore alp, its just another day for me and another day closer to seed sowing and spring :).

I am really itching for spring already I can't stop making plans for future plants and around the garden. Spent hours last night and previous night looking up plants, I got a thing for a rambling rose at the moment thinking of malvern hills to cover the bike shed and Ghislaine de Feligonde for the fence at the side of the house. Going to move my compost bin so I can move the redcurrant there so I can get another plant in the garden :sneaky: think of artemisa lactiflora for now, it a bit like Astible flower probably more suited for your climate alp it more tolerant of drier soil.

Weather been rather dull / wet but mild but for one day of frost, don't know if this mild weather conning me and the plants that spring on its way :unsure: it will soon go pear shaped sooner are later :rolleyes:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all
Hope your boiler will be restored soon. It's almighty inconvenient not to have heating at this time of the year! Mind you, I had to open the loft door the whole of last night. Torment is an understatement!
Thank you.
It's been done and working well.
It was the circuit board on the fan, could have been condensation.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, dear! Perki, I bet you're still awake! I worked so much on the walls that even murder couldn't keep me awake. All I saw when my consciousness kicked in was a woman in tears, saying how the neighbour's slaying made her little sister unable to go out in the dark or sleep near the window, Woke up with a very bad right knee. Will do more exercise or perhaps become a dog walker! So fancy getting a guinea pig, but really can't stand any alien smell!

Good morning to a quiet and dry morning. Not so cold as predicted. Let me post this to say hello to Perki first.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm itching for seed sowing too. But no! I need to move everything to the end of the garden and I want to hire an allotment and try mixing with like minds in reality not in virtuality. Bought another pack of tulips as Bonnet is reducing them to £1. Went all the way to Thurrock gc, but it was closed until 2 February!:cry::cry::cry: That's why I got all my beloved aster - one lilac and one white for £2 each. They are doing so well. Next thing I want will be some rusty chrysanthemum. Saw them smiling at me several weeks ago.

Artemisia lactiflora 'Jim Russell' is nice. I will hunt for it as Astilbes only smile for Zenji but sulk me! Something in life just is meant to be!

Glad that you have your heating back, Logan! Mind you, I have had to open the windows and loft door.

Need to take some more rose cuttings as here the microclime is just good for that. Next year, I will buy more seeds from Wyevale as they are usually named and are works of years of cultivation. I practically gave away sweet pea seeds called Sir Cliff Richard and Cathy last year!

I have thrown some rotting tomatoes into the pots and hopefully, I will have some self-seeding themselves comes spring. They will be sweet and so sugar is needed for my sphagetti! GC has started selling snowdrops, but they are only Woronii, nothing exciting.

Another grey day for me 7 to 11c is my best luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question