5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Same here. Raining and Logan is trying to boss me again!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You should make a living of it, to be a proper lecturer:LOL:, not bossing a woman who has made 100 times more decisions than you. Don't you think:D;)?

Being a lecturer will be a good start for you. Proper job, apart from being a dog walker! :LOL:

One storage heater gone! The crafty man said he was a qualified electrician. Turned out he's a fireman(not sure it's true!) Apparently, people sell themselves like fraud. When he saw the other one not so good as he expected, he lied to me that he would come back, and went home with the good one. I knew he wouldn't come back. Any way, ex will take it apart. He has done it before.

Sun has come out briefly and gone! A bit of wind! Can't moan as it is nicely warm here!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
, not bossing a woman who has made 100 times more decisions than you. Don't you think:D;)?
Yes but they might not be the right ones.:D;)

Being a lecturer will be a good start for you. Proper job, apart from being a dog walker! :LOL:

:LOL: who wants a proper job i don't, when i can tell you what to do.;):D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but they might not be the right ones.:D;)

:LOL: who wants a proper job i don't, when i can tell you what to do.;):D

No point talking about jobs with you as you hardly know what it means, truth be told!:p:D

Nobody can vouch that their decisions are 100% right!

I would like to stop a stop to this before it gets carried away as it is remotely funny. I still want to be civilised in fracas! Haha!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon wet / raining , Surely you're not getting the whole house rewired alp ? I dunno if you would get the money back / more money in the sale :unsure:.

Some seeds arrived yesterday :D ordered a little grow light off ebay as well to help with the begonia seeds and other seedling which need lots of light at the time of the year.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That's great @Perki what other seeds have you got? I've got pot marigolds, cosmos, short growing calendula, a tithonia that grows to 3ft, cucumber and tomato.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think I will forget about the idea unless I have some good quotes, Perki ! The man who got the good storage heater said it would be too much hard work to bury the wires. Wish I had kept my big mouth shut; perhaps damaged by the detrimental influence of some unthinking forumers! I could have been 30k richer even paying the dues and buying the house and be the owner of a detached bungalow with 90 feet garden and front bit. I so want to live a detached house. We had 2 detached houses on half an acre of land when we were young and I had my own room where I would read aloud. My standalone room had some firecracker like flowers festooning all three walls.

Firecracker Flower Flame Vine

images

I have never seen this flower in this country. We would suck nectar from Lantana

image-21.jpg

as well as honey suckle flowers.

Were your tulips called Victoria Secrets or Victoria something. I actually saw them in posh gc, but for some reason, it's £2.99 or £2.49 - too expensive even though it was reduced. I did get a terracotta martagon lily and a rusty one as well as I really like the leaves forming with the stem as centre. I also bought some blue allium Caeruleum.

2 friends came along and he suggested telling the estate agents that I will not entertain offer lower than a certain amount. I would write to them about it. Hate these bargain hunters who want something for nothing. I have been walking round and round, viewing about 20 houses and I realised how firm some estate agents worked as they earn by commission based on how much the houses would be sold at. Not a flat rate as in my case. Apparently, you can haggle a bit down the rumoured 1% plus VAT. The one I am using even offer to offset the money taken away by Purple Brick. So if they sold their houses, they paid £1495 less than the 1% achieved.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might be a idea to look at other estate agents alp, they sound like they are after a quick sale to get the money, I think all round here work off a percentage of the sale so they will get more if the house sells for more. I suppose its the same with most people about putting in a lower asking price you should do the same, you could ask your estate agent for only offers over 375K, I can understand wanting a detached house / bungalow with a big garden (y)

I grow tulip Victoria secrets 2 years ago I wasn't so impressed along with irene parrot, it put me off parrot tulips this year. I got some parrot tulip Rococo for next year hopefully they put on a show, flaming parrot a nice one.
Allium Cearuleum isn't a reliable allium, it tends to do a disappearing act after the first year, they disappeared for me and others I've spoke to.

Logan seeds - 17 packets off ebay from nutscones which I've had seeds off before I got ... Melon Emir F1 - Tomato santonio F1 - Cucumber mini Munch F1 - Petunia Blackberry / Reflections / Salmon shades Velvet trailing - Marigold A Vanillia (I've always want to try these they look so nice in the pictures ) - Heliotropium Marine ( high scent ) - Lobelia rose fountain - Begonia Illumination / Non stop ( difficult without good lighting / heat ) - Pelargoniums Spirit Orange / Horizon star purple - Busy Lizzie salmon - Coleus black dragon - Biden gold nugget - cosmos purity. All these seeds come to £16.95 including p+p with I think is cheap compares to well know seed suppliers

I also got some more to buy from 3 other suppliers,P+P cost going through the roof :rolleyes:. Need to get the Red / Silver trailing petunia and bacopa seeds from Dobies again, I was chuff to bits with all 3 of these this year.

Got some other seeds to get from Chiltern seeds and plant world of seeds which are a bit harder to get hold of - Digitalis Ferruginea V Gigantea / yellow herald or gelber herold as it other name perennial / short lived perennial foxgloves you've probably seen them before but the yellow herald interesting.

Also Acnistus australis which is a interesting small angels trumpet ( datura ) but in a blue / purple colour. I looking at a couple of other climbers Tropaeolum speciosum and Maurandya Magic dragon. I am trying some hertiage tomato this year as well BrandyWine Sudduth strain supposed to be one of the best for taste.

I grow some Tithonia rotundifora this year big ones 5ft +, germinate is a bit erratic and they tend to grow to about 3 - 4 inch and stop ( these were in 7cm pots ) they didn't really do much for ages then I planted them out in a large pot with dahlia DHoward , they soon grow rapido, they seem quite greedy plants in my opinion, they didn't get on with dahlia DH unfornatly so I will be planting them out next year in the garden.

Got a bit carried away talking about the seeds :whistle::LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning!

Perki That's a huge packet of money and a lot of thrilling expectation. It doesn't how much money, the end result is what counts. You can always save by turning down the radiators and turning off the lights;), just like me. Son's temporary job ended last night, so no more of those.:cry:

Yes, that's what my friends said, write to estate agents to instruct them not to send any offer lower than £380! If I rewire the lights, it will be £400K! I'm not wasting time accusing others of scammers, making myself unpleasant. I dislike the negative image of myself. When I went around, £350 for a bungalow with no carpet, unfinished kitchen and unfinished patio (literally with airbricks sticking out and the finish was horrible!)

It's so unfair for people to talk down to you, as if you didn't know a thing. You should do this, you should do that whilst they want a cheap fare! In life, there are always people who take advantage of others.

Ex's friend, the intellectual blunt-mouthed, would take his "girlfriend" and his niece to meals which the latter two never pay for and he never pays for them. Ex told me this first freeloader even suggested my ex to pay for all the service tip after one meal. I told him you would be treated so if he allowed him to be bullied. Ex and his poor other friend moan, but never do anything. I'm going to send him a stinging xmas card. Life is full of annoying people.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tithonia is a very late flowering plant. I planted out early, not to wait till the end of the season and when they came out, they were glorious. I collected the seeds, just like collecting the seeds of hibiscus trionum, and forgot to sow some, so last year, no tithonia or hibiscus trionum.

It's quite a big plant and has a wide spread, in your area, it might be caught by frost earlier than us, so probably not a great choice. I could still see dahlias flowering 2 weeks ago here in Greater London. I still have 2 flowers from my hanging petunia. I ordered £8.95 worth of seeds from RHS. Perki, it's worth going round Wyevale as soon as they reduced the seeds to 50p. I saw Salvia Patens (3 packets) and didn't buy them. Now I want to kick myself and some more hellebore seeds, meconopsis seeds. I even bought a lobelia Tupa seeing how beautiful and big yours was! I will let you know next year. It's good that they reduce them to only 50p which is a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question