5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
£22.5m for being turkey for christmas for Mourinho! Which one is the turkey, Mour or Man U? Dry here, but not that warm. No more viewing until after Christmas!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Why? Is it snowing your way already or he's joking?

No he's joking. But you never know, it might
come out of nowhere by the time Christmas comes.:D:D

That's great about the celery, i don't like it myself. Try to eat celeriac but have to mix it in with the potatoes.

Thanks about the palm oil, didn't know it would be in other things in different ways.:(
I don't think that we can avoid it.:(

Thanks about Tesco.:)

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Been out watering for 2 hours. Think I might have missed a viewing notification. I am so tired.

It's daunting just thinking of moving the plants. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Need 2 months probably.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have just learned that buying a NEW-BUILT 3-bedroom house with a garage will put you in BAND E in council tax which is about £2144!

roperty Features
  • THREE BEDROOMS
  • FAMILY BATHROOM
  • GROUND FLOOR CLOAKROOM
  • OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/DINER
  • LOUNGE
  • FRONT & REAR GARDENS
  • GARAGE
  • COUNCIL TAX BAND E
Council Tax Band E (2,144.34 per annum)

I have found out that all new builts are name a band higher than the old ones!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Do you want a three bedroom house? But we use the other 2 bedrooms for storage.:)
New builds won't have a big garden.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - it has been raining, but not so much as I thought In fact, it started very late. I let go of a whole butt of water yesterday.

The detached bungalow I have in mind is detached and there are only 2 bedrooms, 1 toilet and one bathroom. The rooms are small and my son need one more room to teach, hopefully. But the bedrooms are very small and the kitchen is very small too, half of my present kitchen. The garden is huge and there are both front and back area for gardening.

I want a mansion:eek::LOL:, but I can only afford £320 or lower and I need to live on the proceeds. No laughing matter! Still, my lot is so much better than a lot of people, for which I am forever grateful. Moaning is a bit self-indulgent!

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp oh i see, well good luck in finding one.:)
It rained all day here yesterday, it stopped in the night but now it's raining again. I just stepped out the door with barley and yes it was raining.

Not much to do today, yesterday put the marzipan on the cake, let it dry out then on friday put the icing on.

Hubbys working at studly high school so got extra walks to do.

Have to put the flea treatment drops on the boys, can't do it if it's raining, do it every 2 months.
Have to wait until tomorrow, i put a reminder on my phone just in case i forget.:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If I do keep dogs, I will never let them stay in the house, the smell is just too much for me. I felt like vomiting when the two tiny Yorkshire terriers were jumping happily outside. They were so cute, but the smell they have left inside the house was so off-putting.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It's no use keeping a dog if they're outside all the time, what's the point?:) The dog owners around here wouldn't think of it.:)
It's when owners get them dirty and don't wash them. But dogs shouldn't be washed all the time, it stripes the natural oils from the coat.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If I kept a dog, I would have a designated dog house! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't do anything in the garden. Just keep looking at properties and lamenting how few properties I can buy with the money I have been offered.

Sweet dreams, everyone, including the doggies!:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - Watched crime reality story and went to bed 12, but still managed to wake up at 4.49am! Going to see a new house today.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp, good luck with the house.

I've been watching repeats of River Cottage on ch. Home. Hugh fernley whittingstall set up a scheme called Landshare scheme. But it's was shut down in 2016. Perhaps you could do something like that. In the programme there was a woman who shared a garden and gave a bit of what she grew to the owner for using the owners garden. It's just a thought.:)

Reactions: alp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question