5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - supposed to be very cold. Not very warm, but seems to be a tad warmer than predicted.

Hellebores are in flower.some pink single and I must write down on the calendar to label them correctly. Hope it stops raining a bit later. Yearning for some action.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning Alp, my hellebores are just starting to grow.
Very cold here it was 0c this morning.
No rain today so going to cut some sage and chop it up with the br crumbs for the stuffing, then freeze it. Did the onions yesterday and tomorrow decorations, can't wait.:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice preparation. For Christmas, I'm going to get KP peanuts, some Ferrero rocher chocolate (white and gold), some Walker chili crisps, one sour cream Pringle, some shortbread, some gelatelli almond icecream. What else? Please suggest.. mince pies..

For main course, it would be aromatic duck (frozen from lidl), crackling pork joint. Perhaps a cake. When my son has gone to ex, I will have some rump steak cooked rare, with red onion. Yummy!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Alp, you sounds great. With the turkey we have sage and onion stuffing made with sausage meat, but i use sausages and take the skin off. Roast potatoes, sausage wrapped in bacon, veg, gravy.
Christmas pudding with cranberry sauce and whipped cream.

Got a chocolate gateau in freezer for tea with cream and cranberry sauce.

Doing mince pies on Friday.
I write it all down what I've got to do on the calendar.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's cold. A layer of hard frost settled on the lawn.
SAM_0071.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Forgot to say we too are putting our decorations up tomorrow so @Logan and I have a new day called Xmas decorations Wednesday forget the Black Fridays and cyber Mondays ours is a better one.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Forgot to say we too are putting our decorations up tomorrow so @Logan and I have a new day called Xmas decorations Wednesday forget the Black Fridays and cyber Mondays ours is a better one.

I bet your grandkids will love you and your wife to bits, especially when you both give them presents. I'm such a bore that I never bother much about presents. Except once when my son said he wanted an Apple iTouch (music player), I had to tell him that I had no money to buy it. When he went down to his grand-parents, he couldn't believe his eyes that I had an Apple Classic with 32gb waiting for him. That, sadly, was me at my most imaginative. Now, no presents until after Christmas - when all the prices will come down. My excuse is I don't want to encourage materialism, status symbols ... I was minded by mother in law when I mentioned I bought the presents. Was corrected that Santa had spent money instead. :eek::LOL:!

Now, I think the trend is that each kid in the family has a Christmas tree. When we went to Homebase, 2 families each with two kids and TWO Christmas trees! Gee, imagine the shame when school kids talk about having his/her own Christmas tree when you have only the one in the family.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all very frosty here too looking at the forecast warning for strong winds Friday and Saturday .

It was sunny and I was out removing all the rotten dahlias. Wish I lived in the US when they are enjoying 24c and it is a proper summer temperature for us!:rolleyes:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hubby and I don't buy each other presents, son doesn't want them even for his birthday. The rest of the family doesn't. When i and my brothers were growing up we would have 1 present and a stocking with an apple and orange.

It was a cloudy afternoon and cold. Hubby got a cold, I've made him a drink from some lemons.

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Ah the apple and orange brought back happy memories you didn’t get a lot but you were very happy ,now they get too much and its not appreciated my grand children on Christmas and birthdays get money off family who cannot be bothered looking for presents they end up sometimes with over £200 pounds each.which sorry to say to me it is far too much for young children I started work at 15 as an apprenticeship and got £3.2/6 per week and most of that was given to my mother. But I keep my lip buttoned .

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i left school when i was 15. Had a few jobs but couldn't find the right one. I saw a school friend and she said that littlewoods store is the best one to work for, they pay well. Managed to get a job there in the kitchen making sandwiches and salads for £36.00 a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question