5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When I buy parsnips for Christmas, I will chop off the top bits and see if I can grow them.

I used to have a lot of hellebore seedlings, but the heat this year has put paid to it. Shame!

As I said in another thread, saw 2 willow walls in Garden Rescue and I really like them. Hope to incorporate this
103.JPG

images

in my garden one day! I have taken some bendy willow cuttings and they have sprouted new leaves.

Carol Klein said that Beatrix Potter admitted that she had pinched seeds and cuttings from all the gardens nearby!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Watched a bit of country file last night and they showed a farmer who grows willow, processes it on the farm and makes all sorts of things from it. Even makes coffins with it.
Alp hope that you do it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all looks like a nice day but cold took over 8 hours to get home from Brighton including two small stops was aching quite a bit.old age I think;)

8 hours!:eek: If you ache, that's normal. Imagine sitting in that position for 4 hours, not to say 8! I have found that the road from East London to Yorkshire was actually a good run and the petrol stations were aplenty and they weren't too greedy either. Very mild out there. Feels like 12c! Will go out to sort out my hellebores. Dreading it. Perhaps, no flower this year!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds exciting as willow is very fast growing. Some self-builder grew tons of them for fuel for self-sufficient, eco living. Very romantic and his Japanese wife even wrote in her native language the words self-sufficient. Very nice.

Willow coffins should really be encouraged. I also watched a man grow garlic and roast it to supply restaurants with black garlic. Must try it one day.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning , its raining again it hardly stopped raining since last Wednesday. Looks like a cold day tomorrow and rain for the rest of the week (n).

I could do to bury the Dahlia tubers in the tomato bed and bring in the bench before it gets cold again. Lots of birds visiting at the moment which are quite entertaining to watch, lots of house sparrows here along with some blue /great tits - blackbirds - starling - Robin - Thrush.

£12 wasn't a typo alp , some drinks were £12 each :eek: I used my bank card as well :unsure: oops.

H ow are you watching garden rescue alp ? I couldn't see it on iplayer.

8 hours driving , not surprised you're aching

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
£12 a drink each! :eek::rolleyes: That's so greedy. Perki, you could apply for a Hhonors card and get points for hotel stay. It used to be very good, but now, it's so mean. But still, perks are perks.

Garden Rescue last episode available on iplayer. I watched it without having to download onto iplayer. Watch it on my LG.

Birds are very intelligent - they seem to know when there is a warm break and when there is going to be a cold snap. They made a racket last time it was warm.

Perki, if I have to live where you are, I will suffer from terrible depression. When we were on holiday, it was rainy as well. Levens Hall was shrouded in rain and we actually sat under this topiary for half an hour.

The one on the left. Oh, no! Raining heavily now! When Rachel de Thame visited it, it was sunny and lovely. Hope she's better as she had some kind of health scare.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine cutting the topiary for half a year! Some kind of torture!

Saw a willow arch in Harlow Carr and really loved it. I took some bendy willow cuttings and 3 weeks later, roots are already everywhere. Very pleased. When it stops raining, will go out to hunt for some more hellebore babies. Need some money to repair the dripping gutter. Nuisance.

article-6451343-6931758-810_636x656.jpg

Lovely photo of a loyal dog!

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you get your dahlia tubers in as it's no laughing matter when it's cold and damp, Perki!

It's raining and I can't go out to the garden. So annoying.

Ordered my organic flour! Phew! What a relief! A:D (the transnational company) was really naughty. I had gift card balance and yet they went to my bank account instead of using up my gift card balance. I had a look and saw £10+ left. In the end, I cancelled the first batch of 5 items and had to manually order the same thing and check that the gift card balance had been fully used up. No fun to report gift card balance missing. Last time, it took me 6 attempts to get the balance back.

Below, a lovely thread to relieve my strain and stress after ordering save and subscribe from A:D. More like A:cautious::devil:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle...your-garden-design/ar-BBQpJYA?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
£12 a drink each! :eek::rolleyes: That's so greedy. Perki, you could apply for a Hhonors card and get points for hotel stay. It used to be very good, but now, it's so mean. But still, perks are perks.

Garden Rescue last episode available on iplayer. I watched it without having to download onto iplayer. Watch it on my LG.

Birds are very intelligent - they seem to know when there is a warm break and when there is going to be a cold snap. They made a racket last time it was warm.

Perki, if I have to live where you are, I will suffer from terrible depression. When we were on holiday, it was rainy as well. Levens Hall was shrouded in rain and we actually sat under this topiary for half an hour.

The one on the left. Oh, no! Raining heavily now! When Rachel de Thame visited it, it was sunny and lovely. Hope she's better as she had some kind of health scare.
Tell me the hand held shears are only for publicity! While one could do it that way, just why?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tell me the hand held shears are only for publicity! While one could do it that way, just why?

He could be of the old school. Some hand held tools are very well made. How I miss my Draper secateur!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Christmas rose or hellebores
SAM_1322.JPG

Winter jasmine was in full zesty glory, but I forgot to snap it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question