Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a quiet day. But it's all dark. Hopefully, will do some work during the day. Bought a hellebore, yellow in colour and is a beautiful anemone!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hubby told me yesterday that he's bought a new blu-ray player, should come today. Don't know what make it is,but it could be a panny.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp that hellebore sounds good,c could you take a pic?

It's just a plain yellow one with ruffled raised collar. I will take a photo later. It's so disappointing to see the hellebores even in garden centres. Big pot, but one plant with 3 or 4 flowers asking for £8. And that was a good one. One in Chigwell had one dead flower, one live one, but small anemone. It asked for £12. Of course, I didn't buy it. I bid for one on ?bay and it was supposed to be a red anemone. When it arrived very quickly, £6 including postage which the seller can claim back turned out be bud-less.

I bought some last year from Wales, supposed to be a white picottee which turned out to be a pinkish one with red basal colour. Sad jokes all around. Love to have a pure white double one, but the labels of that place were misplaced as my yellow anemone was labelled double .. so I had to control myself and not to part with any of my money.

Panny bluray? Panny is good, but the colour of my panny wasn't that good. Any way, it went to my ex. They don't record, these bluray machine? Do they just play bluray?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a shame about those hellebores. Blu-ray players usually play both type of discs. But he's going for the next stage, HDR. (High dynamic range) The old one plays both.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Some funny alpine plants in Bonnetts
SAM_0158.JPG

Love that green big blog

Now this hellebore anemone was very pretty and it was pulling my heart's string. But this is the only flower and the asking price £11.95 a Chigwell nursery! Diabolical or what?
SAM_0156.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's a shame about those hellebores. Blu-ray players usually play both type of discs. But he's going for the next stage, HDR. (High dynamic range) The old one plays both.

Exciting delivery!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks it is, don't know what time of day it will come yet. Those hellebores were probably young plants so they wouldn't have a lot of flowers.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Now that I have been through the traumas of getting rid of several trees, I won't plant any straight to ground. I will pot them up with the biggest possible pots.

I could be wrong, but if you are going to keep them in pots until you move, you might want to stair-step them into bigger pots gradually, the way you would a houseplant. :unsure: Don't let them get rootbound, but it might keep them at a smaller size for a longer time. (y) Be easier to move them if they're smaller!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
MaryMary: I haven't bought that pink anemone as it was too dear. That flower was also very small. If I paid £12, I would love to have a bit more flowers ie. seeds which will translate into babies. As far as I could see £12 for 1 and a half flowers was not on. So I didn't buy that beauty.

I planted all my hellebores out on a southfacing border and I know they will give me babies because of past experience.

This one I didn't buy, but it's such a beauty. I have got a similar one, but the slugs have redecorated its display! Harvington Picotee

helHarvintonPicotee.jpg

I bought a yellow one and here it is

helyeLanemone.jpg
helYellowAnemone.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Got the new blu-ray player, it's a OPPO make. Never heard of it but he knows what he's doing. It's a Universal player,plays everything. Costs £700.00. could have had one for £1400.00, but he said that he couldn't justify that much.
It's been raining on and off today, couldn't do anything in the garden. Somebody let their dog poo on top of the wallflowers, must have done it late last night,hubby had to clean it up, but it didn't hurt the wallflowers. We've always clear up after ours, even before they put the doggy bins up.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oh! I thought you were taking about potting your trees! To move them with you. :confused:

I will do exactly as you advised, MaryMary. I have already added some top soil and in autumn, I will change the pot size. What a good idea. But for the hellebores, they go to the ground. There is nothing better than letting them free range!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Autumn would be a good time, alp! (y) Let the roots go where they will for the summer, then give them a good buffer of dirt to help insulate them for winter! :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Autumn would be a good time, alp! (y) Let the roots go where they will for the summer, then give them a good buffer of dirt to help insulate them for winter! :)

I will certainly do that. I might even bulk it up before fruiting, probably in March when, according to @Logan , wood ashes should be added to bulk up fruiting. I will simply sink the whole pot into a bigger pot and when autumn comes repot them properly! It's very difficult to sell houses as the figure is astronomical and the houses tiny .. All thanks for foreigners laundering money or investing into one whole block of apartments for investment. According to some Hong Kong Chinese, properties here are good investment. This really shouldn't be allowed.

From a two-bed flat in south London to a grade II listed country retreat in Wales: Britain now has almost 800,000 £1million homes... so what could a million pounds buy YOU around the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question