3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
35cm snowfall on Thursday. My little house buried in snow and the beasts at the bottom of my hill.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139842551@N08/28392276439/in/dateposted/

P1050231.JPG
P1050241.JPG
P1050239.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! Are the plants in the greenhouse still alive? How do you manage to keep them warm? Such beautiful snow scenes. That's serious snow! We only have a dusting and everything closes down.

Well done for keeping the path so tidy and neat, Johnny!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Agree! Snow so clean and pure! Wonder if that animal is a bison.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Had a clean out of the lean-to and lots of casualties. I wish I had kept the salvia seeds and now they are dead as dodo! Now I just have to clear out the casualties of my streptocarpus .. It's a heartbreaking day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hello,
No, I don't have any plants in the GH. I turn the heaters on about mid March and then move my Pelargoniums out there.
The beasts are Musk Ox.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
?

Whoa! HOLD THE HORSE! Perki, where have you been? Hibernating as well? Perki, How are you? We need to see your garden and the genius overworking borders.. What have you been up to, tell us mother hens!?:D:LOL:

I am fine not much has changed I am just plodding on , sorry to disappoint but no not married and no children and neither on the horizon. I haven't really done much but work and look after my own garden, plenty of garden centre visits and the odd journey on the motorbike, I went to Harrogate spring flower show last year on it :D. My mum moved in round the corner a couple of years ago so been doing a lot of work trying to turn a jungle into a cottage garden.

I hope everyone else is well and healthy, had a nice xmas etc and looking forward to spring. To be honest I forgot about this forum I went to the sister forum Gcorner and have been posting on there, Seeing Logan comment on Gcorner the other day jogged my memory. I've bookmarked the forum now so you'll be seeing more of me this year :).

Not to much has changed in the garden, I lost my Victorian plum tree :( but on the bright side it opens a opportunity to grow something else, I planted a Mahonia in its place this autumn. Been moving the perennials around around the herbaceous borders recently. I bought a Laburnum tree :D. I've been returfing bits of the lawn cause the greens / board leaf grass didn't match the rest o_O.
I'll put some pictures on if you want from Last year spring to autumn to catch up.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
No, I don't have any plants in the GH. I turn the heaters on about mid March and then move my Pelargoniums out there.
The beasts are Musk Ox.

Musk Ox. Looks prettier than bison! Should have looked at the title! Bison has lots of hair in the head!

I am always amazed by how you grow so many plants and they flower so beautifully in such a restrictive climate zone! I can't even get my plants in the lean to going. Well done, Johnny!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
plenty of garden centre visits

I have found out that this is the best bit. Before, I made a weekly visit to diy gc as the prices were not so eye watering. But now that I have found Taylors bulbs, I have decided to find its stockists and now have been to various stockists and non-stockists. Some of them sit on beautiful hill top with panoramic views. Such a change to the boring green and orange we see in diy gcs. And there are plants which are different from the repetitive stocks I see in Wilko, and other places. Others not so posh or plush - in fact, it's like a tip, but hey they are honest nurseries with TONS of plants and all different varieites. Some with 1 flower on a hellebore asking for £12 whilst others with 50 buds asking for £8. But it's the varieties that excite me. So it must be a good experience for you, Perki!

So nice that your mum lives near you and I hope my son still knows me when I get older!:eek::LOL:

Now that I have been through the traumas of getting rid of several trees, I won't plant any straight to ground. I will pot them up with the biggest possible pots. No laughing matter getting rid of my Stella cherry tree. Thank gawd I haven't entirely got rid of it. I chopped off a side shoot and it's now a new tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question