3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been sowing some seeds in the kitchen this evening :). I normally do it in the greenhouse but weather forecast isn't good next week, snow tomorrow and cold all week, easier to sow coated seeds individually when your hands aren't freezing. I nearly slipped on my ass last time it snowed while carrying pots of sowed seeds.

7 variety's of petunia - purple velvet - tidal wave silver - tidal wave red - burgundy - blue - double rose - reflection mix. 4 variety's of lobelia 166 plugs in total and about 20 calibrachoa seeds.

Do you want me to put some pictures of the borders on from last year on @alp ?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Perki yes you have to be careful with ice, my brother hurt his back badly and had to have a operation on it, but he's fine now. I slipped on some leaves that had ice underneath,hurt for a long time, but ok now.I've started some seeds, snapdragons, cucumber ergeron and salad leaves.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Been sowing some seeds in the kitchen this evening :). I normally do it in the greenhouse but weather forecast isn't good next week, snow tomorrow and cold all week, easier to sow coated seeds individually when your hands aren't freezing. I nearly slipped on my ass last time it snowed while carrying pots of sowed seeds.

7 variety's of petunia - purple velvet - tidal wave silver - tidal wave red - burgundy - blue - double rose - reflection mix. 4 variety's of lobelia 166 plugs in total and about 20 calibrachoa seeds.

Do you want me to put some pictures of the borders on from last year on @alp ?

I am sure our foreign contingent would like to see the result of your hard work from last year. Why not?

I think I have to do my seeds the way you do too. I have no room in the lean to. Weather has been atrocious. Seeing Logan's seedlings, I have had guilty pang!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

I love petunia. The only flower of which I love the double form. Perki, if you keep some lobelia indoors, you will see them flowering next month. I have kept them in my west facing garden and they came up without fail. I kept the cascading lobelia and they were everywhere in my small bedroom.

Went to nursery and saw petunia and other tiny plants for sale 8 for £10. So clean and sanitised that they look unreal. What mass greenhouse production for you.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I nearly slipped on my ass last time it snowed while carrying pots of sowed seeds.

Same here! Be very careful, make sure you wear proprietary boots/shoes with plenty of grip. Trouble is the clay sticks to the sole and then nothing really is safe. My garden is full of slippery patches.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think you all know that I am hopeless with my labelling. By the look of it, I am not the only one.

I have this ravaged beauty,

SAM_0359.JPG

And I was supposed to have bought this one

SAM_0358.JPG

Is this a white or a pink? I bought it because of the label and I waited with GREAT EXPECTATION!

This is another of my GREAT, GREAT EXPECTATIONS

SAM_0354.JPG

Do you think this will metamorphose into the one above please?
SAM_0355.JPG

And there I was, trying to tease open the petals and be a right old peeping Tom, I didn't get the thrill of peeping .. It will need metamorphosis to change the flower into what looks like on the label above.

:cry::cry::cry: This peeping Tom wants the money back! This really gives online shopping a bad name.

Now these are mine and I am happy:

heldbblotchedRED.jpg

helDBGreenPure2.jpg

helDBGreenPure.jpg

Love the purity of it.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all a bitter cold day today , no seed sowing yet:(

Yes, but we have glorious sunshine here and I actually detected a hint of warmth. Deceptive enough for me to think of sowing seeds. Got tons to get rid of ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
An ominous rain band cover most of the sky and it's raining steadily. What a lousy February!

Er, no! Snowing!:eek::eek::eek: Steady on! Thought we were one day nearer to Spring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question