3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp , it's strange but yes despite watering them regularly my pots always seem dry.

So cross about the seeds.....I'll resend them.

Just me doing the mother hen 'thing'.......like us mums do!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I literally stood there and poured the water down the pots and saw the water coming out into a holding tray and yet it was bone dry when I turned the pot over. Is it raining your way, @Upsy Daisy ? We will have very little rain, despite the predictions which they changed again and again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well had a good day ,got most of the things done that I wanted to do.
Finally finished potting on the remaining Wallflowers
IMG_20180822_165227_hdr.jpg

Took some more cuttings
IMG_20180822_171437_hdr.jpg

And checked on some cuttings I took a month ago
IMG_20180822_165728_hdr.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No rain here @alp .....we are forecasted to have some between 5am and 7am tomorrow morning...but that's all.:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well done! It seems to me I am the only one who hasn't done any cuttings. Love the look of the delphiniums.

I did a bit of damson as I had to remove the branches who blocked the light. Once they were on the floor, I was worried that these agent which could purify the air is now no more!

We will have 9 -11am raining and that's all. Off to bed now. Don't worry about the seeds. Wait till I have moved.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all - Anybody knows what to use to help the sink drain water. Son said that the sink has been totally blocked by fats. He cleaned whatever he could reach, but said I might need acid to get rid of the fat stuck in where he could not reach. Suggestions welcome - organic or inorganic ways.. I'm a bit desperate. This morning, I had 2 pools of water in my twin sinks.

Very warm, dark and still. Went out to see my hedgehog friend, no longer there. A wren was singing again. It seems to be wrens don't sleep. Yesterday, we heard some singing as well.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Perki You never know what will happen in your stag do! Make sure you do some grooming and ironing! LOL!

Such a lovely family! Awwwwwwwwwww!

Proof that a holiday romance can last a lifetime: Stephanie and Gareth met on a boozy Ibiza trip and, seven years on, they're one of the lucky couples who turned summer love into a happy marriage

Source

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all - Anybody knows what to use to help the sink drain water. Son said that the sink has been totally blocked by fats. He cleaned whatever he could reach, but said I might need acid to get rid of the fat stuck in where he could not reach. Suggestions welcome - organic or inorganic ways.. I'm a bit desperate. This morning, I had 2 pools of water in my twin sinks.

Very warm, dark and still. Went out to see my hedgehog friend, no longer there. A wren was singing again. It seems to be wrens don't sleep. Yesterday, we heard some singing as well.
Morning all :)
take it sink is beyond boiling water to beak fat down alp ?
Really cold last night dropped to 7c in the greenhouse think even the slugs had there hats and gloves on :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning :)

Oh dear @alp not a good start to the day!!!:eek:
I was going to suggest lots of boiling water too, but I expect you've already tried that.
Might be a case of going to look and see what you can buy at the shop that is appropriate for fat build up.:(

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, @alp how is your eye? Sounds as if you had a good work out.:)
It rained a bit this morning at 5am, but that's it.
@Upsy Daisy your wallflowers are amazing, i sowed mine later, I thought last year they were too far advanced. But now they look too small, but i know that they will catch up.:)

Hubby did the back hedges yesterday, even the one that the council should do, but he likes to keep it short. They never cut the top if they get to tall.:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Could also try a mix of baking powder and vinegar:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The link suggests boiling water and vinegar, so I would definitely give vinegar a try.....boiling water, baking soda.....????? Just try mixing it with various things.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Our predicated rain that was supposed to have arrived early this morning and lasting a couple of hours is now on the horizon for 9am and maybe only lasting for an hour.....have to say it has gone a bit dark, fingers crossed(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question