Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I've read about coconut oil being high in saturated fat.i always stick with sunflower oil, even that has limits. Everything you eat is bad for you in large portions.:)
Perhaps we shouldn't eat anything.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, eat everything in modest amount. Bought a packet of Jasmine rice for 49p for 500g! Very pleased. The aroma of Jasmine rice is wonderful. 5Kg asks for £8 and that's the usual price.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Something has been eating dead slugs and snails in my garden
Yes, eat everything in modest amount. Bought a packet of Jasmine rice for 49p for 500g! Very pleased. The aroma of Jasmine rice is wonderful. 5Kg asks for £8 and that's the usual price.
could eat jasmine rice till it comes out of my ears especially at £1 a kilo :)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds lovely @alp

I've had this idea for ages, they go on about people eating too much fast food like burgers.
Give everyone a ration book like in the war, so they can only have so many in a week.
That might help with the meat shortage in the future.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Something has been eating dead slugs and snails in my garden

could eat jasmine rice till it comes out of my ears especially at £1 a kilo :)

Where do you buy it? That's gooooood value!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where do you buy it? That's gooooood value!
We have a thia supermarket 2 min drive from us I go twice a month for rice vermicelli herbs and spices really cheap and good quality also buy my squid from there it’s frozen but still really good :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We have a thia supermarket 2 min drive from us I go twice a month for rice vermicelli herbs and spices really cheap and good quality also buy my squid from there it’s frozen but still really good :)

Amazing! Thai supermarket. Here in Essex, we have only Chinese and Polish supermarkets and Polish ones tend to be smaller but everywhere. One big Chinese supermarket near us, but whenever we go there, it's not open. Too early. They do a roaring trade though and is a big employer with a fleet of big long trucks!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing! Thai supermarket. Here in Essex, we have only Chinese and Polish supermarkets and Polish ones tend to be smaller but everywhere. One big Chinese supermarket near us, but whenever we go there, it's not open. Too early. They do a roaring trade though and is a big employer with a fleet of big long trucks!
Our thia supermarket is amazing I buy alot from there things like ginger are so cheap a piece of ginger the size of your had is like 50p 6 bulbs of garlic 70p all super fresh you can even buy chicken feet lol :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I've found out that when you live a bit further out, prices get cheaper. The same tub of magnesium tablets 30 costs £1.99 whilst in Basildon it costs £0.99!

@Leeski you're very lucky to live next to such a nice supermarket. £1 per kg of Jasmine rice is brilliant. The Chinese supermarket here charges a lot for everything - a lot of businesses shop there and they have different prices for them.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds lovely @alp

I've had this idea for ages, they go on about people eating too much fast food like burgers.
Give everyone a ration book like in the war, so they can only have so many in a week.
That might help with the meat shortage in the future:).
Of course for it to work with shortage of meat is to ration all meat, with a ration book.:)

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Of course for it to work with shortage of meat is to ration all meat, with a ration book.:)
Think it’s a great idea only prob I could foresee is meat would then be sold on the black market so no traceability or quality control

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My idea of losing weight

Opening up the border and getting rid of some overhanging branches which prevent the left side of my cosmos cupcake clumps from flowering

SAM_1209.JPG
SAM_1210.JPG

3 branches sawn with a handsaw! Nightmare. I will never buy big tree or put it down into the border! Thank heavens that none of them is a pear tree the density of which makes sawing it a crippling job!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh!! That's quite a workout @alp......think you've earned a hearty lunch :)(y)

Have been repotting some of our permanently potted plants, they've shot away this summer.

Will also pot on some of the remaining Wallflowers as their roots have escaped from their pots now in protest of being overlooked when all the others were done a couple of weeks back

Have also removed spent annuals from some tub displays( seed collecting as I go(y)) ...the patio definitely looks a lot more loved and cared for now that all the dried and frazzled plants have gone:LOL:(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh!! That's quite a workout @alp......think you've earned a hearty lunch :)(y)

Have been repotting some of our permanently potted plants, they've shot away this summer.

Will also pot on some of the remaining Wallflowers as their roots have escaped from their pots now in protest of being overlooked when all the others were done a couple of weeks back

Have also removed spent annuals from some tub displays( seed collecting as I go(y)) ...the patio definitely looks a lot more loved and cared for now that all the dried and frazzled plants have gone:LOL:(y)

We had to stop 3pm on the dot as the sun came out and beating on our backs. 9 to 12 and 12.45 to 3pm non stop for me. Son skived for half an hour. I had to give up on 2 big branches as they are just too tough for us. We used 3 hand saws and in the end the sun was just too much. Glad that it had stayed away and it wasn't as humid as yesterday. But still sweat dripped everywhere. I will be size 8 tonight! LOL!

So I think it's official, @Upsy Daisy Your seed packet is lost in the post. :devil::rage: I was surprised that My sister-in-law's $60 (Australian)was totally safe even though you can tell there is a card.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a shower and whilst I was cutting the dead peach tree :cry::cry::cry::cry:(I loved this peach tree so much - best white flesh and juicy!), a branch poked into my left eye, and I'm so uncomfortable there.

Do you notice that your pots are very dry, @Upsy Daisy ! Even though I watered the pots every day and saw water coming out of the bottom onto a tiny tray, I've found out that the pots are always bone dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question