Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My rose cuttings weren't successful.......tried the potato method., Now I have a couple of potato plants:LOL::ROFLMAO:

LOL! I can't imagine how rose grows on potatoes. I wish I had known this trick as I had a lot of rotten potatoes from the bag I bought up the road. I'm going to use 50% sand and 50% peat or mpc for the purpose. I have had great success with salvia cuttings using 1/3 perlite and the rest mpc!

I have already started with some hydrangeas and salvia amistads. They look promising. Another good one is the black currant cuttings. Tomorrow, I might sow some courgette seeds. I know it's a bit late, but where I live, the summer is usually quite hot and long. I have only one courgette growing.

Today, one of the rose I bought has a bud opening and the perfume was incredible. I planted one tom, and 2 cucumbers on the border today. Need to do some watering tomorrow.

Believe it or not, it's so humid here that I am now sweating! Going to bed now. Good night and I wish I had that many to deadhead tomorrow. I have masses of dahlia green leaves and I am trying to catch every single seeds from my salvias.

Read that some very nasty Nile mosquitoes have made their appearances in Essex. Very nasty things. I wonder if they have left me itchy for weeks and left me with warts and lumps and bumps.

Off to bed now. Sleep tight everyone!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @Logan, @Leeski and all

Just finished an hour of watering. The most important bit (i.e. tomatoes) have been watered. To have so many toms is a record for me.

Just to calm down as an hour of back of forth in the garden with 2 cans at once is quite a feat for me. Thank heavens that it was too muggy.

Yes, I froze it in little tubs. And it was so offensive as I thought. I had a bit with yoghurt as well.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @alp that's great about your apples. If you're like me it will get lost in the freezer at the back of the drawer or in the bottom.

Started pittipo on the wallflowers.

Before
IMG_20180821_113908.jpg

After
IMG_20180821_113928.jpg

Still a lot to do.:eek::LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, hope everyone is well today.
Just watered all the pots......certainly not my favourite job, think carrying all these watering cans has stretched my arms now:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last day of the heatwave today...mixed feelings, glad it's going to be cooler:) but sad that it's bringing Autumn nearer:(. There's no pleasing me;)

Whole load of things to do today, can't go out as we are waiting for a delivery.......knowing our luck it will come at 5pm!!

Have a fab day!!:D(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'lll be glad when the wallflowers are in the ground, this warm summer has made them grow like triffids!!! ..potted mine on 3 times now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @alp that's great about your apples. If you're like me it will get lost in the freezer at the back of the drawer or in the bottom.

Started pittipo on the wallflowers.

Before
View attachment 43153
After
View attachment 43154
Still a lot to do.:eek::LOL::LOL:

:D:D:D:D:D

You're so good! Giggling as I type. Logan: Good old days - just love your germination skill.

Wondering if I should go and get the shingles. I am giving up on one patch of the lawn. Also, I need to burn something in the garden and I am now running out of room.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'lll be glad when the wallflowers are in the ground, this warm summer has made them grow like triffids!!! ..potted mine on 3 times now.

Yes, we are lucky in that sense. Whenever I saw them, I ripped them up and chuck them. To see such beautiful handiwork by @Logan really makes me ashamed of my sacrilege. I have room in my garden, but it is so hot that I feel sorry for plants to be put there. And the wallflowers always popped up where I didn't want them to. If I see some lovely ones, yellow or blood red, I will keep them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
'Coconut oil is poison': Harvard medical professor says the health fad is 'one of the worst foods you can eat' - and says even LARD is better
  • Dr Karin Michels also heads up the tumor research center at the University of Freiburg
  • She made the statement in a 50-minute talk in German last month
  • Coconut oil became known as healthy after a Columbia study on medium-chain fatty acids, which coconuts contain
  • But coconuts are only 14% medium-chain fatty acids

Source

@Leeski Go easy on your coconut oil!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp you don't use rotten potatoes , mind you judging by my success rate it probably woo have made any difference:LOL:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Propagate+Roses+Using+Potatoes&FORM=RESTAB

:D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Shame i don't have a lot of potatoes to try this experiment. But we have no idea if the cuttings were stuck in there the day before. If I can see roots, I will believe it.

Just sand and compost and you will see that rose cuttings are easy peasy. I don't even need a tower to retain the moisture as the heat in the air will kill whatever that is inside the bottle. I want to try my Victorian plums, but the man said it should be dormant season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't leave mine in .....need the room. Sow fresh batches every June, but as I said this year they've gone mad and have grown big:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @alp I've always liked wallflowers, but the colour mixes i didn't like until they started doing seperate colours.
The flowers i grow seem to be when i was a child. Apart from roses, started those when i was 23. A long time ago.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
'Coconut oil is poison': Harvard medical professor says the health fad is 'one of the worst foods you can eat' - and says even LARD is better
  • Dr Karin Michels also heads up the tumor research center at the University of Freiburg
  • She made the statement in a 50-minute talk in German last month
  • Coconut oil became known as healthy after a Columbia study on medium-chain fatty acids, which coconuts contain
  • But coconuts are only 14% medium-chain fatty acids

Source

@Leeski Go easy on your coconut oil!
Yes I've read about coconut oil being high in saturated fat.i always stick with sunflower oil, even that has limits. Everything you eat is bad for you in large portions.:)
Perhaps we shouldn't eat anything.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question