Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Had a bit of a spring cleaning day today... trying to work my way round the house before autumn sets in....just a couple of rooms at a time. Cleaning in springtime is nigh impossible as it's seed sowing time!!!., how inconsiderate of them name it so!!!!:LOL::ROFLMAO: Now is much more of an appropriate time as the garden takes care of itself ( mostly(y))
Whether I actually make it round the whole house is debatable.....might be done by Ch*******...... maybe;)

I cleared a lot of branches along a border in the hope of opening more area for planting and sunshine and rain water to access the area. I will take out the dead peach tree when it's not so humid. Could be quite a job. I think as long as you're making progress, you will be happy and content with yourself. Now I need to google the roulade recipe. I bet there must be ingredients which I don't have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I did a lot of 'opening up' on a couple of our bigger borders yesterday....what remains should enjoy both more rain and sunshine hopefully.

:LOL::LOL: I always have to improvise on recipes, as it's a sure guarantee that I don't have all the ingredients!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp amazing flowers.:) I like cats but hubby doesn't, he'd be nervous if they were in the house.
The only time that i stick to a recipe is for the Christmas cake and the pudding.
Picked 3lb of blueberries and 1 lb of blackberries, some of the blackberries will go in the mixed fruit compote and the blueberries for our breakfast.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp amazing flowers.:) I like cats but hubby doesn't, he'd be nervous if they were in the house.
The only time that i stick to a recipe is for the Christmas cake and the pudding.
Picked 3lb of blueberries and 1 lb of blackberries, some of the blackberries will go in the mixed fruit compote and the blueberries for our breakfast.:)

Amazing harvest you have had... Really admire your skill in upping the amount of fruit yields.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
It's been some time since I fed the birds along the river. This morning Mr. Woodpecker must have been pleased to hear me calling. He was at the table waiting for the suet block before I even got of my bike.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139842551@N08/42354044040/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139842551@N08/30295750948/in/dateposted/

P1050840.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's been some time since I fed the birds along the river. This morning Mr. Woodpecker must have been pleased to hear me calling. He was at the table waiting for the suet block before I even got of my bike.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139842551@N08/42354044040/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139842551@N08/30295750948/in/dateposted/

View attachment 43087

Watching the videos surely has made me feel better. For the last 2 days, I felt a bit weird after meals. It's like either indigestion. It's like I had eaten too much. No idea. The worst bit is that whilst I nursed my bloatness, I kept missing the most important bit of Medical Detectives. Trying too hard to concentrate on the non-cause and then I dozed off whilst the narrator revealed the real causes.

Feel much better watching the nuthatches. One even had a squabble with the other one. Stunning stillness and clarity. Amazing how you could hold your camera so still with only one hand and yield such brilliant videos, Johnny!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all :)
17c on Wirral and really humid not pleasant for sleeping watered garden at first light and wrestled the slugs and snails got lots to do in the garden today but not before a brew and watch b grove garden .
Have a good day all :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Leeski That's how I felt yesterday. Just humid and close and sweat dripped into my eyes non-stop and yet it was overcast. Bet the idea of working makes me sweat.

I had a good sleep - air has been and is clean. So nice. I'm going to watch Beechgrove too. Love to have Claire's greenhouse. Bet she has someone to clean it for her. Nice display and plants she has. Need to plant out my surfina petunia a tray of 6 for £1.79. Can't complain and my hardy gardenia!

I wanted to buy that Rosella toms, but it was very expensive in Wyevale. Nearly £4, so reduced, it's £2. Couldn't find the German's one trialled on Beechgrove at all.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Leeski That's how I felt yesterday. Just humid and close and sweat dripped into my eyes non-stop and yet it was overcast. Bet the idea of working makes me sweat.

I had a good sleep - air has been and is clean. So nice. I'm going to watch Beechgrove too. Love to have Claire's greenhouse. Bet she has someone to clean it for her. Nice display and plants she has. Need to plant out my surfina petunia a tray of 6 for £1.79. Can't complain and my hardy gardenia!

I wanted to buy that Rosella toms, but it was very expensive in Wyevale. Nearly £4, so reduced, it's £2. Couldn't find the German's one trialled on Beechgrove at all.
It is a fab greenhouse what was the name of the German toms that were trailled on beechgrove ?
Got lots to plant out today artichokes Peas going to try and over winter some chilli plants this year

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Harfleuve? Harvefleuve? I will watch the old episode and tell you. Overwinter them. Crikey! Artichokes take up a lot of spaces and they spread like weed. Where I live, it's so hot that they were covered with bugs - black bugs and so i ripped them up. Then a man loved it so much that he asked where they had gone and that I had promised him seeds. Ooops! If they weren't covered with so many buds, I wouldn't mind keeping them. Bet you don't have this problem as it is cooler your way. We are such a generous people!

Jim definitely loves Rosella but he agrees how fruitful the German one was! Big long fat tress of fruits ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't know what to do with the apple mash with raisin I have made. Just headache. Soon it will go moudy! Logan, help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning fellow forumers :)

Much nicer start to the day, fingers crossed that it stays this way, it was so humid again yesterday.

After a look in on my Dad I hope to sort out a couple more borders, then give hubs a hand up in the loft sorting out some bits.........then may start spring cleaning another room......that's my intentions ,the question is...will any of them get done:unsure:

Did you find all the ingredients yesterday @alp ?

In my gardening mag. yesterday they had an article on Dahlias........how's that for a coincidence:D(y)

Have a fab day everyone:)(y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question