9b
Country
United Kingdom
Apple cake
Apple turnovers
Apple muffins
Apple pancakes
Pies /crumbles

You could always freeze it until you can think what to do with it(y)

That might be a better idea. Need to find a tub or the thing gets moudy. Pancakes is the best option as I have pancakes in the freezer. Thank you, Upsy! Hurrah! Painless!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't know what to do with the apple mash with raisin I have made. Just headache. Soon it will go moudy! Logan, help!
You could do all of the things that Upsy posted.:)
If i'm having cake for a pudding i'll add some of the apple with it with custard or ice cream. Freeze it in batches and take out what you want.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You could do all of the things that Upsy posted.:)
If i'm having cake for a pudding i'll add some of the apple with it with custard or ice cream. Freeze it in batches and take out what you want.

Good idea. How do your freeze it though? Ice cubes or different tubs?

Some plants

plums or damsons found outside Wyevale. Last year, I saw a woman picking them and this year, it's my turn.

SAM_0956.JPG

Home grown cucumber with horrible pins on the skins

£1.79 for Petunia surfina - going to collect seeds.
SAM_0959.JPG

SAM_0958.JPG

SAM_0960.JPG

£1.50 Hardy gardenia Not bad if it lives???

SAM_0966.JPG

Mirage Deep Purple salvia. I hope they don't have a light purple one or the sucker who is me will buy that as well. £1.49!

A nice orange Zinnia. I reckon @johnny canoe will have a whole summer to enjoy them. Such lovely flowers with good staying powers. And then you can collect seeds. What's not to love?
SAM_0967.JPG

A Love and Wishes from cutting
SAM_0964.JPG

Such beautiful details with Crazy Love
SAM_0963.JPG

SAM_0961.JPG
SAM_0962.JPG

Cacti Dahlia.

Nice to read on Dahlias, @Upsy Daisy ! You probably could collect seeds. I have collected 4 types of seeds. One a gaudy yellow, Teesbrooke Audrey, Picasso, and Mambo! I'm still waiting for the elusive Blue Bayou!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I find portion sized tubs are the best option ,easy to use that way(y)

Gorgeous pics,, Crazy Love is stunning(y)

Haven't had a very good year with some of mine, a few not even producing viable buds:(, but a good idea about harvesting some seeds......if they reach that stage!!

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I find portion sized tubs are the best option ,easy to use that way(y)

Gorgeous pics,, Crazy Love is stunning(y)

Haven't had a very good year with some of mine, a few not even producing viable buds:(, but a good idea about harvesting some seeds......if they reach that stage!!

Thank you. They should do for you. Some dahlias are a bit late!

Those with seeds are located in the west and south facing border. One has sunshine on and heat from 6 to 9pm at night. If you could find an area like that, you can do the same as we are more or less in the same latitude!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Stayed indoors after 2pm. The humidity just sweat me out and keep me in! Trimmed more toms leaves and watched The Beechgrove Garden.

Happy 40th anniversary to
THE BEECHGROVE GARDEN!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What do they taste like, @MaryMary? They look like they have a disease to me! LOL!

I've never tried them. ;) I just know that they are supposed to look like that. :ROFLMAO:

This new monster would never meow, but ssiiiiii like a rattle snake! Very nasty intruder! But in between the SIIIIII, it wagged its tail. A sign of rapprochement!

Definition of rapprochement
: establishment of or state of having cordial relations

:eek: No, a wagging tail is not a sign of being friendly for a cat. It's not called a wag when talking about cats. It's a lashing tail.
violent-smiley.gif

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I've never tried them. ;) I just know that they are supposed to look like that. :ROFLMAO:

:eek: No, a wagging tail is not a sign of being friendly for a cat. It's not called a wag when talking about cats. It's a lashing tail. View attachment 43132

LOL! After the flattening of the mouth and the threatening hiss, a gentle wave of the tail was certainly a sign of entente cordiale! Hehe! But I can't profess to be a cat psychologist! Any way, a lash is much more vigorous than a wave! But I know how much you love that emoji! Is it some game you enjoy, LASHING
violent-smiley-gif.43132
? Hehe!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Added some Epsom salt to my watering can. It has been too humid to do much in the garden. Tomorrow I will take a lot of cuttings. Beechgrove Jim has taken a lot of salvia cuttings. He obviously is a big fan.

@Upsy Daisy I also read the article on dahlias. Apparently, just snapping off the dead flowers is not good enough. Had to go to the end of the stem. Watched 2 videos on lemon grass and will have a go next year!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @alp, yes I always cut back to the stem base.(y)

I have taken lots of cuttings today from one of my Dad's Dahlias , it's one that my Mum planted years ago so fingers crossed that at least one cutting will take:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tomorrow, I will do

Box
hydrangea
more salvias
roses
helenium

Glad that you took cutting of such a memorable plant.

Funny thing is that I never bothered about deadheading until I came to grow violas. For most plants, I only removed the flowers. Now I know I was so wrong.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I deadhead everything, it's one of my favourite summer gardening jobs. I can happily spend a couple of hours walking all around the garden nipping off the spent blooms, it's amazing at how doing so extends their flowering. It also makes things look a lot nicer too(y)

My rose cuttings weren't successful.......tried the potato method., Now I have a couple of potato plants:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question