Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think I will get any rain. I live in where the holes in the rain band are. People around us have rain and I am in the holes ... Does it sound gross? :LOL::eek: But it's true! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
South American - also called ground apples one of those things you ever love or hate I love them really good for you not sure will have any this year now :-(

Where do you get the seeds or tuber? So it's Spanish or Mexican?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy I'm going to get some vinegar later in the day. I have got only malt vinegar. Thank you for the link. Going to do it tonight.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Think the plant originated in the Andes but I’m not 100% sure.
I was given some tuber/crowns couple of years ago and done them ever since

What do they taste like, apples? potatoes? I think I would like to grow yaro. We have a yaro croquette in our dim sums and it is delicious! Think I saw Nick Bailey talking about it in the GW allotment series. I'm warming to him now as he seems to know a lot. Would like to shave him again and again though. No, not physical attraction. Just don't like men with so much beard or moustache! Yuk!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What do they taste like, apples? potatoes? I think I would like to grow yaro. We have a yaro croquette in our dim sums and it is delicious! Think I saw Nick Bailey talking about it in the GW allotment series. I'm warming to him now as he seems to know a lot. Would like to shave him again and again though. No, not physical attraction. Just don't like men with so much beard or moustache! Yuk!
More like melon than apple tubers like water chestnuts I prefer them raw than cooked love them grated in salads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
172E1535-F2D6-42C8-B97F-8E852201CBAA.jpeg
Yacon

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! That sounds good. Amazing what exotic stuff you have, @Leeski ! Can you see any bulges in your agapanthus seedheads yet? Are the tubers in the pot? The pot seems to be a big small for tubers? Or are they fruits hanging on the tree? Ah, nearly forgot to say, my pepperdew chillies have come to say HELLOS! THRILLED!

Off now to saw some more stuff. Enjoy your gardening time, to all my beloved forumers, espec @marlingardener and @MaryMary .. I might have missed some ... Forgive me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa! That sounds good. Amazing what exotic stuff you have, @Leeski ! Can you see any bulges in your agapanthus seedheads yet? Are the tubers in the pot? The pot seems to be a big small for tubers? Or are they fruits hanging on the tree? Ah, nearly forgot to say, my pepperdew chillies have come to say HELLOS! THRILLED!

Off now to saw some more stuff. Enjoy your gardening time, to all my beloved forumers, espec @marlingardener and @MaryMary .. I might have missed some ... Forgive me!
Yacon needs to go into a bigger pot agapanthus seed heads are looking good still a while to go yet me thinks

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard of pepperdew chillis before are they hot ?

Raining! It started 10am and now more or less stopped and yet we are both soaking wet. Not even a pour, but very dense fine rain. I loped one branch and 3 pots of Victorian plum cuttiings and had to come in Ladder still in place. Optimistic that I will be able to finish the job today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question