Not open for further replies.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Our predicated rain that was supposed to have arrived early this morning and lasting a couple of hours is now on the horizon for 9am and maybe only lasting for an hour.....have to say it has gone a bit dark, fingers crossed(y)
Yes hope you get some, it's looking a bit dark here as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Alert!! Sending a rescue team to @alp 's drain.....we will find you , hang in there. Could take a while....do you have emergency food rations with you?

Seriously, joking apart....how are things now?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh dear, sorry to hear that @Leeski ....it's soul destroying at times:(

:shame:Have to admit to a bit of Googling....never heard of Yacon before.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all :)
take it sink is beyond boiling water to beak fat down alp ?
Really cold last night dropped to 7c in the greenhouse think even the slugs had there hats and gloves on :)

LOL! Slugs with hats and gloves on. I hope not. Yesterday, when I was watering my hellebores, big slugs are climbing up the leaves. Now, it's hard to kill them as the ground is full of woodchips. Nightmare!

Yes, I poured tons of boiling water into it, the hot water just wouldn't drain. In the end, I scooped it up to water my plants. Might be killing them because it was hot and

7c is really cold. I was woken up by heat again at 5am. Got up 5.30 and did a bit of sawing. My left hand has a red mark because of the design of the handsaw. I'd better give it a rest before I have blisters.

@Upsy Daisy You're getting so clever now. See, you were so scared, saying you could do this or that! Now you're doing @Logan a big favour! Well done! Soon, you will showing your sons what to do! LOL!

It's dark here and there were very fine spits (so fine and so short - 1 sec) and now it's dry! Hope it stays overcast so that my plants can have a bit of relief from the dryness and the heat.

My firm favorite Crazy love - I reckon I will have this cluster of flower till November
SAM_1211.JPG
SAM_1213.JPG

For once I've got the height right
SAM_1214.JPG
SAM_1215.JPG

Cerise Queen

SAM_1216.JPG

Now my front lawn is COVERED WITH white achillea!

Another favorite - cacti dahlia
SAM_1224.JPG

Cuttings from black currants
SAM_1226.JPG

The reason I removed the old dead tree and other branches of damson
Half of this clump of cosmos just refused to flower
SAM_1219.JPG

No idea if this is hibiscus spectabilis - one that changes colours 3 times a day. I am a bit naff. Sucker for silly common flowering process. Should have known better. I really want to have the big, no BIG single hibiscus.
SAM_1223.JPG

Bush rose floribunda - the most pure fragrance
SAM_1218.JPG

My favorite since last year
SAM_1222.JPG
SAM_1220.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Stunning pics @alp (y)

So, is you drain clear now?:unsure:

No, unfortunately. The water has subsided, mostly because I hand-drained it and used it to water the bald patches in my garden. Son said I need some sulphuric acid to do the job.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:arghh:Gardening drives me mad :mad: work so hard to grow something and it gets eaten by pests something has been munching on my yacon

Whoa! I've learned something new today! Whose food is this Yacon (Some French?)? Can't believe I nearly missed this post. Sorry, @Leeski !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question