Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We were told what to put in our bins and people can easily find out. Some people just can't be bothered.

In some council, they have an array of 7 receptacles. Crate for tins, crate for glasses .bins for domestic waste, bins for green waste. I have seen them lining up and ghettolising the whole area. They really go overboard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Must admit we are very selective in what we buy now, we only put out are recyclable bin once a month and even then it's only half full.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The jury decided that glyphosate cause cancer, the Eu give it a licence again cause they think it may be carcinogenic but cant prove it that why it still used. Unless they prove it does cause cancer I think he will lose the case on appeal, especially with the barristers / money Bayer/Monsato can afford. America seems to have the attitude - where there blame there's a claim - I don't mean to cause offence to any american's.

It weren't long ago they said bacon / others could be cacinogenic, are you going to stop eating bacon etc ;). You could eat healthy for the rest of your life and still get cancer :(

Every excess can lead to misadventure. Shame this man had to do it on an industrial scale. Also, some people have better constitution than others. When the amount is a 3-figure followed by m, you know that the poor man is never going to see a dime! If he's awarded $200k, there might be a chance of him having some compensation. I saw the lesions on his back and I so wanted to cry. Just imagine the pain and the quality of life.. Money is nothing compared with these two.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Weather back to normal rain rain and more rain :rolleyes:. Everybody else lawn greening up but for mine, its not quite ready to rip up yet but soon hopefully. Pruned the wisteria and a bit of the apple tree yesterday, deadhead the heleniums and others and give everything a feed. Tryed one of the cucamelons yesterday wasn't sure if it was ready, skin was tough and it was bitter :cautious:

Oh, yes, August! How do you prune the wisteria again? I need to do it to 2 of them please.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Must admit we are very selective in what we buy now, we only put out are recyclable bin once a month and even then it's only half full.

I know it sounds awful. Whenever I buy a cauliflower, I feel like ripping off the outside branches and just taking the innard home. I feel like doing the same for Capri Sun. I do feel very stupid removing cauliflower leaves, but need must be! Nearly 40 years ago, I saw people standing in Sainsburys protesting against excessive packaging. Even to date, we have terrible plastic for plants in transit. Thick and so hot that it suffocates and even burns the plants.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Spatchcock à la Leeski and à la Natasha's Kitchen and with a bit of improvisations from us

A lime and plenty of rosemary, dried thyme and oregano

SAM_1119.JPG

Incredible flavours! Thank you, son! Thank you, @Leeski !

I think the bits he liked most was sending the buttered spices into every part (nearly) of the bird. Quite an experience for him.

The burnt bit was caused by the fire (I should have bought a fan assisted oven)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Upsy Daisy !

It might look a bit pale, but it's delicious. The skin was detached and we only used 1/3 of the butter and sent the spice mixed into the cavity of the skin and the flesh. I am sceptical about butter. But between butter and margarine, I prefer butter. It's just so nice. We used quite a bit of our own rosemary, garlic .. It's lovely and son really enjoyed preparing it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Disturbing moment farmer finds a rat with a PLANT growing out of its back ‘after a seed fell into an open wound and germinated'
  • Datar Singh found the rat when inspecting his soya crops on Tuesday August 7
  • Astonished Indian farmer took rat 'in immense pain' home to remove the sapling
  • Biology experts say it was a 'miracle' that the rat doesn't have any brain damage

source
4F10D7C300000578-6055535-image-m-38_1534167275231.jpg

:oops::oops:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Here in Texas we have "rain lilies". They pop up after a rain, last a few days, and then disappear until the next rain. With 3.85" of rain in two and a half days, we have rain lilies. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as we do!
August rain lilies close up.jpg

They are pretty little things, and although they last only three or four days, we appreciate them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question