Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A good idea, but it's not possible.people can't grow everything that they have to eat. We have to rely on producers, it's always been that way. I look at it this way, we've got to die of something. Who wants to sit in a chair, because we can't do anything else,waiting for the end to come.:)

They have to put salt in to preserve it.:)

It would be a good idea to be ecologically aware though. Of course, we all have to die of something, but it would be nice not to mess up the globe so that our children can enjoy fresh air, healthy foods and live by sound principles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, @Leeski

20 minutes! Whoa! I wish that would happen here! No chance. I'm now transferring water from one butt to another as one butt is leaning forward. Is the greenhouse yours or the house owner's?
Greenhouse is mine not sure if I will take it with me it serves purpose but not the best I know witch one I want and will factor that into the price of new house cost :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Agree to a certain degree @Logan but they do add excessive amounts that aren't necessary for persevering...it's been proven. The trouble is money....the root of all evil, more stuff is added because it tastes ' better' so sales keep rising!
Our taste buds must change....I know ours have, we are much more cautious of hidden additives now.
But for the sake of future generations things must definitely change.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some rain damage, thankfully not a lot
IMG_20180813_082249_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180813_082403_hdr.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Awful pic it was breezy!

I hope the worst of the winds are over.

@Mark56 If you go to RHS Wilsley flower show, look out for 4 for £10. They might not feature in Wisley as Wisley is not the end of a stick like Hyde Hall. I have been Salvia amistad part of this deal, which is enormously good value. We will go in September as well. As you said, the others were very expensive.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It would be a good idea to be ecologically aware though. Of course, we all have to die of something, but it would be nice not to mess up the globe so that our children can enjoy fresh air, healthy foods and live by sound principles.
Yes it would be nice in a ideal world, but no. The population is growing and the new houses have very small gardens. The planet is already messed up and it won't change. We're doomed.:eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it would be nice in a ideal world, but no. The population is growing and the new houses have very small gardens. The planet is already messed up and it won't change. We're doomed.:eek:

I disagree. We should try to do what we could. Some people in Brighton are already adopting this philosophy of protecting the environment by not using chemical weedkillers. People need to be aware what damage they are doing to the world. Also Tesco is reducing the plastic trays which hold their cheeses for display. Now they use cardboard. It is the awareness that counts. It might take time, but it will and should happen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greenhouse is mine not sure if I will take it with me it serves purpose but not the best I know witch one I want and will factor that into the price of new house cost :)
Which not whitch
I disagree. We should try to do what we could. Some people in Brighton are already adopting this philosophy of protecting the environment by not using chemical weedkillers. People need to be aware what damage they are doing to the world. Also Tesco is reducing the plastic trays which hold their cheeses for display. Now they use cardboard. It is the awareness that counts. It might take time, but it will and should happen.
I agree it will take time every one knows what needs to be done just to little to late
Imo money gets spent in the wrong places it’s a no brainer if plastic is destroying our oceans in needs to be sorted yesterday
If you found out you were eating something that was killing you you would stop straight away not say i will aim to stop by 2025!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m off on one now lol :)
The whole topic of recycling why do our Micky mouse government make something so simple so complicated
In the U.K. there is 7 different Colours of bins pending where you live why not make it universal colours and the products colour-coordinated so you know what goes in what bin

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree we all try and do things that we can. Instead of using cardboard, why don't they just have recycleable plastic. :)
Where is all the cardboard coming from?

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I’m off on one now lol :)
The whole topic of recycling why do our Micky mouse government make something so simple so complicated
In the U.K. there is 7 different Colours of bins pending where you live why not make it universal colours and the products colour-coordinated so you know what goes in what bin
It's up to the local councils to decide what colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question