alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Going to have a nap, before bed. Goodnight all.

Since you have been very dry as well, I will forgive you. Well, it's made a tad easier as it is raining now. Just a bit of rain. Nothing to fill up the butts or various containers.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah OK ....just googled it, a type of computer(y)

Just started raining about 15 minutes ago. Very steady. Well, better than nothing! Hope it rains the whole night. Going to bed now. Good night all!

By the way, if you want to take camellia cuttings, it is ideal time to do it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.....will try again, might have better luck this time.
Glad to hear that you have rain at last, hope it pours all night(y)

Sleep well:sleep:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all. Got up at quarter to 6 and went out to inspect first thing. About 3 inches of rain and that's it. Well, better than none. Going to sort out the rubbish and prepare more containers. Can't afford to lose this precious window.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When you're having your Cornflakes or Weetabix, think about this

The weedkiller ingredient that left an American man with terminal cancer has been found in BREAD and CEREAL after he wins £226m in damages
  • Traces of weedkiller ingredient glyphosate found in Cheerios and Corn flakes
  • Use of the chemical by British farmers has increased by 400 per cent in 20 years
  • The European Union re-licensed its use for another five years last November
I have the feeling that the man won't see a penny of his compensation, but boy, hasn't he helped us by exposing the danger lurking in our foods.

More info here please.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Since you have been very dry as well, I will forgive you.
Thank you.
:)
When you're having your Cornflakes or Weetabix, think about this

The weedkiller ingredient that left an American man with terminal cancer has been found in BREAD and CEREAL after he wins £226m in damages
  • Traces of weedkiller ingredient glyphosate found in Cheerios and Corn flakes
  • Use of the chemical by British farmers has increased by 400 per cent in 20 years
  • The European Union re-licensed its use for another five years last November
I have the feeling that the man won't see a penny of his compensation, but boy, hasn't he helped us by exposing the danger lurking in our foods.

More info here please.

There's still a question mark if it is or not.:)
Morning all and @alp
Vets this morning for barleys 2nd part of his booster,get there for 8.30

Hopefully it won't rain today so i can pick some blueberries. Had to patch up the fleece that's covering them, from the heavy rain and hail stones on friday.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!
Thankfully Weetabix wasn't mention, as I am enjoying mine at this very momrnt!
It is very scary though but sadly unless we grow and prepare all our own food we can't escape the nasty side effects.
Recently there was a horror article about certain foods that are canned...tomatoes being one of them:eek: We use them quite often in our food prep and the other worrying thing is salt and sugar.....we are all at the mercy of the food manufacturers ....they use it and sadly we eat it .They need to be held accountable for what is made available to us on the grocery shelves!!

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you.
:)

There's still a question mark if it is or not.:)
Morning all and @alp
Vets this morning for barleys 2nd part of his booster,get there for 8.30

Hopefully it won't rain today so i can pick some blueberries. Had to patch up the fleece that's covering them, from the heavy rain and hail stones on friday.

I still have some blueberries to pick but they are not getting bigger. New variety called Liberty still has a bit of mileage. Very pleased for £3 spend. But must learn how to propagate rather than killing or buying.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!
Thankfully Weetabix wasn't mention, as I am enjoying mine at this very momrnt!
It is very scary though but sadly unless we grow and prepare all our own food we can't escape the nasty side effects.
Recently there was a horror article about certain foods that are canned...tomatoes being one of them:eek: We use them quite often in our food prep and the other worrying thing is salt and sugar.....we are all at the mercy of the food manufacturers ....they use it and sadly we eat it .They need to be held accountable for what is made available to us on the grocery shelves!!

Most wheat is sprayed with this substance to hasten harvesting or aid harvesting and then the substance stays with the harvested bit and go straight to our plates. No laughing matter. I like one of the posters who says he grows what he eats. Very good idea. At least, we won't put rubbish into our own mouths! Off to do some hoovering. Be back later.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that you didn't get much rain @alp, but as you said it's better than none at all.

We are in for a mostly dry day today, the sun is peeping through at the moment but may have showers this afternoon.
Going to have a quick walk round the garden to see if there is any rain damage then off to my brothers .
Yes I know @alp ..scary, all I'm saying is that there is a lot of scary stuff added to our food that we seemingly have no control over.......and we should!

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Most wheat is sprayed with this substance to hasten harvesting or aid harvesting and then the substance stays with the harvested bit and go straight to our plates. No laughing matter. I like one of the posters who says he grows what he eats. Very good idea. At least, we won't put rubbish into our own mouths! Off to do some hoovering. Be back later.
A good idea, but it's not possible.people can't grow everything that they have to eat. We have to rely on producers, it's always been that way. I look at it this way, we've got to die of something. Who wants to sit in a chair, because we can't do anything else,waiting for the end to come.:)

They have to put salt in to preserve it.:)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all
Wirral got hammered with rain flash floods at one point filled 250lt butt in twenty mins
Knocked all my courgette flowers off !
Supposed to be heavy showers for today

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all
Wirral got hammered with rain flash floods at one point filled 250lt butt in twenty mins
Knocked all my courgette flowers off !
Supposed to be heavy showers for today

Good morning, @Leeski

20 minutes! Whoa! I wish that would happen here! No chance. I'm now transferring water from one butt to another as one butt is leaning forward. Is the greenhouse yours or the house owner's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question