Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We chop our big ones right back each year..

Weird and awful...too true:eek: Can't get the image out of my head:eek:

I need to have a look at the video. I saw the pics, but not the video. Will watch it tomorrow. Don't have nightmare. It's a RAT!

Yes, 2 years from a seed from a wildseed packet or bottle and it'd become so big that I was worried. I have about 20 plants in 2 square feet area. Even I feel sorry for my plants. My aster has had no flower whilst aquilegia which I think is more or less a weed is taking up so much room. ! I don't even know why I keep thinking I have no room for any more plants! I have a big lawn, but can't really expand it because of the washing lines. I will watch the video of the poor rat tomorrow morning. Don't want to have nightmare. Factory has been active the whole 2 days. Last week the house was quiet and as soon as they were back on Friday, all hell broke loose.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ha!!! Watch the video then you will see what I mean....definitely nightmare material... the images are embedded into my brain now:eek::cry::eek::cry:

Reactions: alp
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying desperately to get rid of the common Aquilegia and am trying to replace them with named stock...pretty but promiscuous little rascals! :D:D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, with the aquilegia, the most horrible thing is that they will always come out the same boring ones and I am not sure it will flower this year. My aster is being huddled into a tight ball next to it, with one flower whilst the aquilegia is flowering with nothing but leaves and e x p a n d i n g! Very annoying. It's like killing a rat!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The rat must be dying! What a horrible experience. You can only it can hardly move. Hopefully, it gets better.

Good morning to all. Got up late as couldn't sleep very well last night because ..

A cooler start to the day, but the sun is shining.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So fishing is feeding on water contained with drugs flushed down the toilet by human beings and I have seen children smoking and reading this article shows me what we have done to the environment is just plain wrong.

4F0F89FD00000578-6054833-image-a-4_1534165905101.jpg

4F0F8B7000000578-6054833-image-a-2_1534165898066.jpg

The above seems to be a photoshopped job though - 3 hands on a can!:eek:

upload_2018-8-14_7-0-51.jpeg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Spatchcock à la Leeski and à la Natasha's Kitchen and with a bit of improvisations from us

A lime and plenty of rosemary, dried thyme and oregano

View attachment 42848

Incredible flavours! Thank you, son! Thank you, @Leeski !

I think the bits he liked most was sending the buttered spices into every part (nearly) of the bird. Quite an experience for him.

The burnt bit was caused by the fire (I should have bought a fan assisted oven)
Looks good.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning !:)

It is awful that we are the sole cause of such destruction on both land and sea. Plastic now seems to be in everything we buy and use, even in things we would have before never suspected. Awareness is the the key to change, and it is everyones duty to make themselves aware. We are only here borrowing this world and we should pass it on undamaged to our children and grandchildren .

Everyone must take their head out of the sand and think before they buy or open the lid of their recycling bin.....:eek:.. Today!!!

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's naughty that the monkey is behaving like a smoker and a drinker! People foul the air, not realising we are breathing it in and they flush drugs into the sea .. All these impacts take time to study and to be researched upon. We really should be more responsible for the environment.
Looks good.:)

You could try it. After the video and it's quite flavour-some.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm breathing it in now. I didn't fall asleep until after an hour in bed. Let's not go there.

Been out thinking whether to water the plants or not. No need to be mean as it is already August. Need to research on how to prune Wisteria as I have about 2 which need taking care of. Then I will take cuttings of the lovely Helenium. I mustn't keep buying and killiing. I have propagated quite a few hydrangeas. Wonder if I could go industrial scale, like @Leeski !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm breathing it in now. I didn't fall asleep until after an hour in bed. Let's not go there.

Been out thinking whether to water the plants or not. No need to be mean as it is already August. Need to research on how to prune Wisteria as I have about 2 which need taking care of. Then I will take cuttings of the lovely Helenium. I mustn't keep buying and killiing. I have propagated quite a few hydrangeas. Wonder if I could go industrial scale, like @Leeski !
Not Sure about an industrial scale but wish it would stop raining now as have got loads that need to go in the ground running out of space :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question