3: Gardening Diaries ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
4C986F5A-EF90-4A4C-83BD-FF8B4C8866AD.jpeg
View attachment 42873 These are the pods that have come off agapanthus wind/ rain damage cut one open and the seeds are still white
These are my big boy Hosta seeds I’m guessing that the agapanthus seeds should look the same but smaller

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You know that friend who gave you the hosta seeds, if you can, get some cuttings off her/him. Hosta could be divided very easily and very roughly.

You can open your agapanthus seeds. But I don't like the look of it. If you have black seed with a bulge in it. You're OK.

But if I were you, I would try to get new plants from the edge of the mother plant. Don't worry or overthink too much. They are tough as old boot. BUT don't blame me if you kill the whole lot! Hehe!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know that friend who gave you the hosta seeds, if you can, get some cuttings off her/him. Hosta could be divided very easily and very roughly.

You can open your agapanthus seeds. But I don't like the look of it. If you have black seed with a bulge in it. You're OK.

But if I were you, I would try to get new plants from the edge of the mother plant. Don't worry or overthink too much. They are tough as old boot. BUT don't blame me if you kill the whole lot! Hehe!
Just checked back the Hosta seeds are big daddy not big boy
Will just keep an eye on the aga seeds

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If you can open one of the aga seeds, you will find out

Untitled-2.jpg

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning again, did some vaccuming, hubby brought the shopping home. Picked more redcurrants. Put the washing out. Walked berry and met a few people walking theirs so took a bit of time. Going to make more jam, see you soon, have a good afternoon all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Walked down to B&Q to see if any plants were in need of saving, :doctor:sadly no...they were all well beyond resuscitation :dead::dead: A very tragic sight to witness:cry: Might have found the odd seed head though;)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here in Texas we have "rain lilies". They pop up after a rain, last a few days, and then disappear until the next rain. With 3.85" of rain in two and a half days, we have rain lilies. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as we do!

They are very pretty!! (y) Didn't you post them once before, except they were pink? Am I misremembering? :unsure:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, you have a mind and memory like a steel trap (that's a compliment, by the way). We have three "flavors" of rain lilies--pinkish orange, white, and the yellow. Right now we have the white and yellow ones all over the yard and barn lot. The pinkish ones usually show up in the fall.
Neat when you can tell the seasons by the rain lilies!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning again, did some vaccuming, hubby brought the shopping home. Picked more redcurrants. Put the washing out. Walked berry and met a few people walking theirs so took a bit of time. Going to make more jam, see you soon, have a good afternoon all.

Love to see your end result, Logan! Jam galore!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wonderful weather.. not too hot lots of sun. Made sure to sit out and get my daily dose of vit D while it lasts. Rain Thursday southern UK folks??

Yes, I'm banking on it. That's why I'm broke! I used to be glued to the blue blob and neon ones excited me no end. But now, no. I will only get excited when I see them. If the forecast materialised, I will be very, very happy indeed. But the Met Office is always economical with the truth. But can't complain. It's better to be forecast of no rain. Remember earlier in July, the whole world seemed to be on fire! Yes, @Mark56 just sit and inhale and exhale, the oxygen is good for you. Unfortunately, I have to have my fanlighter opening to the busy road open. Inhale or exhale is not good for me. Make sure you get a bit of V D as this kind of sunshine is most soothing ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question