28 Celcius in the shade

Jed

Reaction score
I heard it on Radio 2, this morning, claudine. I couldn't believe it either! Just looked it up, Wikipedia says the record is actually 57C, and people think that'll be beaten sometime this week...
http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/02/hotte...rd-june-temperature-3865610/?ITO=news-sitemap

I usually like hot weather, but being 8 months pregnant, it's getting difficult to cope with this heatwave we're having and it's only around 23-25C.. I couldn't even bear to step into my greenhouse today, had to stand in the doorway and water everything, and that was this evening!

So true summer comes and summer goes. Enjoy all the bites, sunburn and long days.
Winters nice but the days could be longer.:confused:
And Mazz do put some pics up of your summer baby. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The rain smell probably is the smell of freshly rained on surfaces, but I still love that smell and wish someone could magically bottle that scent, so I could smell it whenever I want.

I love the scent too, it would be wonderful to have a bottle of rainy perfumes:D . Whenever it's raining, I always feel tempted to go for a walk, or to at least walk a little in my garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've been spending as much time in the garden as I can and making the most of this gorgeous weather! This has also meant we've had a lot of BBQs recently, YUM! :D

Reaction score
I wish it was only 82 degrees here! It has been over 100 degrees with the heat index here (very high humidity.) It has been so hot that you literally sweat just walking out the door. If you have to walk more then like 100 feet then you are soaked :(

One of our air conditioners got so overworked from this heat that it spiked and tripped the breaker. We had to let it stay off for a little while. It has been like this all week and last week it wasn't much better. I have not done much in the garden but to water the plants after the sun goes down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
With the humidex we have been in the 100's for over a week. We did have a thunderstorm and it has rained throughout the week at odd times but the rain did absolutely nothing to cool us down. I love summer but his is a bit ridiculous, this year~!!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We have very high humidity here all year round because of our big and beautiful river so I'm used to it. I quite like it. Today, it was around 27c though so it was a little too hot. But it was a perfect weather for a romantic walk in the park:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
It has been really hot here ,too. I usually try to get up early and get things done outside, but it has just been so hot and humid that it is hard to get to sleep at nite, so I haven't woke up as early as I wanted to, and it gets too hot to be out during the day. I have been going out in the late evening and watering as well, since it pretty much needs it twice a day in this heat.

Jed

Reaction score
I read the UK is going through a heat wave with bushfires. :eek:
Temperatures are expected to reach 35C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
I'ld never thought of Britain being prone to bushfires.

Read more in this link. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...riggers-scores-fires--leaves-A-E-swamped.html

article-2370082-1AE2EB17000005DC-328_964x688.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Bushfires in the UK?:eek: This is really weird. The weather keeps surprising everybody:confused:
The picture that you posted looks terrifying... Personally, I wouldn't lie so calmly on the beach if I saw smoke like this.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Bushfires in the UK?:eek: This is really weird. The weather keeps surprising everybody:confused:
The picture that you posted looks terrifying... Personally, I wouldn't lie so calmly on the beach if I saw smoke like this.

Most folk are idiots & won't do anything till you tell them to, had the same blank looking on when trying to rescue people in trouble at sea.

Everyone thinks they are watching something on Youtube until you tell them what to do.

Reaction score
The weather has been great lately, not too hot, not too cold, a little rain in the morning, it did wonders for my garden and my sunflowers look great again :D

Ask a Question