Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Summer's here at last

Wonder when the Thunder Storm will come:D

Reaction score
We had thunder storm for the last 2 weeks and they made a mess, fortunately my garden made it through! It's sunny today but I don't know what the night will bring.

Reaction score
I actually hope we get some rain soon because it's pretty hot and stuffy today and rain would actually be kind of refreshing. Plus rain just smells awesome.

Reaction score
Is it really the rain that we smell or is it the freshly wet surfaces (dirt, grass, concrete, asphalt, trees, etc.)? Meh, who cares, let's not analyze it too much. :)

To this day, I still don't know how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (sp?), so 28 degrees reads as pretty cool to me. I wonder why people of the Earth don't just agree on one template for communicating temperatures. It could be the beginning of World Peace!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
82.4 Fahrenheit

We have agreed on Celsius, just that the Americans are resisting it :D

Its simple, 0C is the temp that water freezes, 100C is the temp that water boils.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Today, it was around 26c here, in Poland. I love weather like this. For me, it could be even warmer, I wouldn't mind. I'm wearing shorts, a tank top and I drink cold water with lemon juice, it's perfect. I wish mosquitoes weren't in my garden though:confused:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor that's a good temp :)
Glad I made lots of Elderflower Cordial now :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
It seems to me that the Celsius would make a lot more sense, once we Americans got the hang of using it. Using the temperatures when water freezes and when it boils as zero/100 degrees would be much simpler than the Fahrenheit , it is just that we are used to thinking in terms of water freezing at 32, and boiling at 212.
It seems like having a system that we used everywhere would make a lot more sense that having the different measurements for different things.

Reaction score
Its simple, 0C is the temp that water freezes, 100C is the temp that water boils.

Well, that's pretty darn simple! Establish the bounds and mark everything of interest in-between.

Jed

Reaction score
zigs you must be melting. I guess it's relative to what you are used to. I dislike hot weather but enjoy the most part of summer.
The Celsius scale is so much easier though I grew up with t'other.
There's a great conversion scales if you google. Type Convert and say Celsius or kilograms or feet or Fahrenheit after and up comes an easy to use conversion scale. :)

Reaction score
Have you heard about Death Valley in the USA? Last week they were expecting there to have the hottest temperature ever recorded on earth.. 54 C I think (Don't ask me what that is in Fahrenheit, I've never understood it! :p )
And today, local authorities have released a notice to tourists there, asking if they'll stop trying to fry eggs on the ground, because its causing a huge litter problem! I must admit, I did giggle a bit. :D hehe.

It's been lovely here in Wales, all day. Not a cloud at all.. I'm not sure what that huge orange ball in the sky is, but it's welcome to come again! :)
.. Don't tempt fate by talking about thunderstorms! Let's just enjoy the warmth whilst it lasts.. It'll soon be gone again :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There's a great conversion scales if you google. Type Convert and say Celsius or kilograms or feet or Fahrenheit after and up comes an easy to use conversion scale. :)

Thanks for the tip. Whenever I hear "feet" or "Fahrenheit", it confuses me completely. Why can't we have one scale? It would make everything easier.
Marie - 54c?:eek: Oh my. I like when it's hot, but it would be too hot. On the other hand, frying eggs on the ground sounds like fun:D

Reaction score
I heard it on Radio 2, this morning, claudine. I couldn't believe it either! Just looked it up, Wikipedia says the record is actually 57C, and people think that'll be beaten sometime this week...
http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/02/hotte...rd-june-temperature-3865610/?ITO=news-sitemap

I usually like hot weather, but being 8 months pregnant, it's getting difficult to cope with this heatwave we're having and it's only around 23-25C.. I couldn't even bear to step into my greenhouse today, had to stand in the doorway and water everything, and that was this evening!

Reaction score
Is it really the rain that we smell or is it the freshly wet surfaces (dirt, grass, concrete, asphalt, trees, etc.)? Meh, who cares, let's not analyze it too much. :)

To this day, I still don't know how to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit (sp?), so 28 degrees reads as pretty cool to me. I wonder why people of the Earth don't just agree on one template for communicating temperatures. It could be the beginning of World Peace!

The rain smell probably is the smell of freshly rained on surfaces, but I still love that smell and wish someone could magically bottle that scent, so I could smell it whenever I want.

Reaction score
I actually hope we get some rain soon because it's pretty hot and stuffy today and rain would actually be kind of refreshing. Plus rain just smells awesome.

I love the rain too but it made a mess in my garden. The weeds went crazy and I still have some work to do because I couldn't manage to get all of them at once.

Ask a Question