2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all, especially to Logan!

Woke up suddenly at 7.15am. It's been a warm morning. Greyish, but not so dark as yesterday.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's a shame there is no sunshine as my snowdrop refused to do a twirl and I couldn't photograph it properly. It seems to me there are a lot of migrations going on and they are not from s***hole places. Haha!

I found my snowdrops in the least expected places, some to s******e places, probably because I turned over the clay soil to incorporate a bit of wood chippings and horse manure. Some went went next to the roots of an existing cistus. When the sun is out (ah... don't know when..) I will certainly take a pic. Yesterday, I was doing that, but after the 3rd click, it said Battery low.. and that's the end of that.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Zenji: Hold tight, we're in for another shock next Tueday! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr .. Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
During the week the boys will have 3rd walk at 10.15am.On a Saturday hubby goes out to do the shopping, comes back about 8.30. Then the boys have their 2nd walk after. Even though they've been out later on a Saturday, they still expect to have their 3rd walk at the same time. I'm sure that they can tell the time. I'm sitting here and both of them are looking at me,if i move they'll get up and run around. They'll run to the kitchen waiting for their food,then they'll go out.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure that they can tell the time. I'm sitting here and both of them are looking at me,if i move they'll get up and run around. They'll run to the kitchen waiting for their food,then they'll go out.

I think they need some kind of RELIEF! :eek::eek::eek: There's certainly some kind of a clock, biological .. Need to go out to get some vitamin D! Whopeee!:D:D:D

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm sure that they can tell the time.

They can, Logan, I know they can. (y)

Years ago, with a different cat and a different job, I had to wake up every morning at 7 am. (You should know by now that that is very hard for me. :cautious: It is far easier for me to stay awake 'til 7 than it is to wake up at 7.) Five days a week, I went in to work at the same time, and came home at the same time.

Anyway, I got in the habit of giving that cat a half a can of cat food as a treat when I woke up. (Cripes, it's 7 am, someone ought to be happy about it!! :rolleyes:.) That darn cat would not let me sleep in on my days off!! o_O I never set the alarm on my days off, so he didn't have that as a trigger, but sure enough, there he was, sitting on my chest, licking my eyelids!! :eek: Sandpaper tongue to the eyelid is not a pleasant way to wake up!!

He got the other half of the can when I got home from work. My roommate told me that every day, about 10 minutes before I walked in the door, he would go and sit in the hallway, patiently watching the front door, waiting for me to come home and give him his treat! (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That darn cat would not let me sleep in on my days off!! o_O I never set the alarm on my days off, so he didn't have that as a trigger, but sure enough, there he was, sitting on my chest, licking my eyelids!! :eek: Sandpaper tongue to the eyelid is not a pleasant way to wake up!!

:D:D:D

It's worse than having a child.. At least, you can verbalise with a child. Well, some any way. It's amazing. They really can TELL THE TIME!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's amazing. They really can TELL THE TIME!

He was known to show mercy on me, too, alp! :love: (y)

On the days I had to work, he would let me hit the snooze button... Once. If I did not get up when it went off the second time, :eek: you guessed it, sandpaper tongue to the eyelid. I was never late to that job!! :rolleyes:

He was such a smart cat! He tried to train himself to use the toilet. :LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I can't get any vitamin D. By the time I took my 2nd photo, the sunshine had gone.

Well, I have waited very patiently for ONE WHOLE YEAR, 52 WEEKS, 365 days and out came ONE snowdrop per cluster and lo and behold, these are what I have got.

SAM_0069.JPG
SAM_0071.JPG
SAM_0072.JPG

:eek::cry::cry::cry:

So, I took drastic measure. I turned up the petals of a perfect one and shared the poor flower with you before its being attacked by slugs. As to its name, it could be Flore Pleno or dionysus.
SAM_0075.JPG
SAM_0076.JPG
SAM_0078.JPG
SAM_0079.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary You need to condition it. Make sure you say NO and press the snooze button. After a few times, it will learn the trick. It does make me giggle. I can never afford any pets. But some of them are so cute.

Ask a Question