2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have done so now. Going to have lunch and then out again to sort out a small path.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
An hour and a half of tidying up. Couldn't do the path as the sand was not the one I wanted. There are so many different kinds of sand ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all, especially to Logan and the boys.

Woke up early, probably subconsciously knew that I hadn't set the dishwasher on timer. Turned on the machine 3.45 and really couldn't sleep. Not that cold this morning and I have a hot cuppa to keep me warm before the central heating comes on.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now that I have vacuumed the floors, done the breakfast, filled up the flasks, I can more or less relax.

As all my labels for the snowdrops were mixed up, I was wonderful what this blousy one was. There is only one flower but already it was attacked by slugs and I was most upset.

I suddenly realised that it could be this one

upload_2018-1-12_7-13-25.jpeg

upload_2018-1-12_7-13-56.jpeg

I think this is a Godfrey Owen.. I will take a poorer version of mine later when there is sunshine or a bit of brightness! So pleased.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
They're amazing. I didn't know that there's different snowdrops. Never had trouble with slugs eating them. But they slowly disappeared, didn't bother getting anymore.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
And I have a hazy bluish/greyish sky. Treasure today and next week, we will have cold spell from Arctic!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morining all, I'm still lurking around here in the least creepy way possible. ;)

They are indeed selling 9cm & 2 litres Alp, I will probably wait until the wet and cold passes before purchasing them in March to pot on, however, the milder temperatures have made me think root growth may still be happening now as it's warmed up considerably since the oh-so chilly December and the snow.

http://www.longacres.co.uk/plants/perennials/9cm-pot-perennials/

(I am in no way affiliated with the company other than being swayed by their much cheaper prices and good quality/extensive variety (y)), I'll be buying some yellow Heleniums & more Agastache black adder for the bees. Popped in last week for some foxgloves but came out with a Rhodie in a 7.5L pot for £10... & no foxgloves! Wyevale is somewhat 3x more expensive!

'January' Daffodil variety is soon to flower here, February Gold are just behind for some early colour to beat the winter blues.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, why are you LURKING? :eek::D:D!

I will wait till later as I know now all nurseries want to raise their prices. That's why Deacons cancelled my order. I wish I had got my tree delivered before Christmas. Now seeing all the prices jump up, they didn't want to sell a tree to me at £9. :eek::eek::eek:!

Timing is so important. Thank you for the heads up. I am now pondering on buying more snowdrops.. I am going out to my snowdrop patch (a tiny trough with holes in it) to stare at any possible new buds!:eek::LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This could be a Godfrey Owen.

IMGA0107.JPG

And I have weeded this patch and another of a similar size. There is still more work to be done

IMGA0106.JPG

There are lots of babies there. I hope to see my hellebore picotee!

Ask a Question