2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My laptop had a bit of kernel attack this morning. I think it might be caused by the windows update. Any way, son has manually stopped the update. Please stay with me, Toshiba ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
480D5FD400000578-5265337-The_kingfisher_landed_on_Lesley_Garven_s_DSLR_camera_in_a_hide_n-a-15_1515831434276.jpg

Really love this photo! Hope to see a live one - on my bucket list!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a warmish day. Shopping day! Hopefully, something to feast my eyes on..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday, son trimmed the top bit of the Nordmann Fir as I don't want it to be too tall. The candle is still on warming the lean to, but when it is very cold, the warmth is pretty useless. A cold spell expected after Monday and I hope the promised rain does fall. Never too much for Essex. Quite a few proper drenching this winter.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I've put containers of water in my small lean -to -greenhouse. It warms up during the day and it releases the heat at night. It also regulates when it gets too hot.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Will your conservatory suffer from mould? I have already had patches of mould on one side of the walls. Some of my newly bought salvias have died. I have found out those bought from RHS flagship a bit on the weak side, whilst those from Homebase or B&Q are more robust and they are still doing very well. I might have to take them out to the warmest bit in the garden. But I need to do the path and then clear the warmest bit in the garden. I'm going to see if I can get some cutting from the dahlia dinner plate Frosted tip. I really like it. Lots of things to do.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes my concervatory does get mould, i clean the floor and the windows in December after I've got most of the chilli plants out.Be careful what you put outside this time of year, they will be a bit tender now.
Dahlia cuttings this time of year?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes my concervatory does get mould, i clean the floor and the windows in December after I've got most of the chilli plants out.Be careful what you put outside this time of year, they will be a bit tender now.
Dahlia cuttings this time of year?

Not taking them out, but see if I can take any. I have some green shoots from some new plants, but have been too mean to turn on the electric heater. Turned it on for a few days and it spent about 4 units night rate every day.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went to diy gc and saw these lovely chrysanthemums
SAM_0138.JPG
SAM_0139.JPG
SAM_0140.JPG

Such beautiful flowers.

2nd bumble bee this year. First one seen in my own garden.
SAM_0142.JPG

Bargain today. A pink lemonade Blueberry for £2.99 with a bit of begging.

SAM_0144.JPG

Went to the park to get some fresh air. On the way back to the garden, and took photos of some ducks
SAM_0130.JPG
SAM_0131.JPG
SAM_0132.JPG

we spotted these, but it was so dark.

SAM_0137.JPG
SAM_0136.JPG

Sorry for the colour. Supposed to be green. There were about 4 or 5 waiting for us to clear off so that they could have their breakfast. Some council residents hanged out about 6 bird feeders to entertain them. Of course, Mr CAT was on guard!

It really made my day, especially after the blueberry! :ROFLMAO::LOL::D

Last edited:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp yes they're lovely chrysanths and that pink blueberry. You know they're evergreen, I've got one.It was small when i had it, last year was the first time it had a few fruit on it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished the horrible Mcmafia. It's too twisted and complicated for me.

What do they taste like, the pink blueberry? I had been pining for it for a long time. So when I went there, I said that it had been there for a long time. She agreed and put down £2.99. I was so grateful. Then we saw a perfectly healthy wisteria destined for the bin. Told son to put it back where its bigger siblings were. Hope someone reduced it and someone else bought it. It might even flower this year.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning and it's now raining. Just turned the tumble dryer on and hope I haven't made any mistakes. I forgot to empty the water cassette once and the red warning light was on and I didn't even know and another time, I turned the cassette which filter the water down upside down. I was such a dummy. I should have seen the big UP and worked accordingly.

Ask a Question