2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all cold and wet snow coming down at the moment ,talking of camilias went to our local Waitrose on Sunday they had some lovely healthy ones and quite large full of flower and buds had a lovely white one but £15 :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, we have a lovely start to our day down here, but don't think it's set to last :(,

That looks very pretty @Logan, definitely post a pic when it's finished please! I use to make most of my clothes years ago , really enjoyed sewing! I remember making a lined suit for when I became godmother to my first niece. Those were the days......have problems threading the needle now :D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

Very beautiful Snowdrop @alp......I would have to install 24/7 surveillance cameras on it at that price.....woe betide any living critter that came near it!!!;)

Have a Tranquil Tuesday:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all cold and wet snow coming down at the moment ,talking of camilias went to our local Waitrose on Sunday they had some lovely healthy ones and quite large full of flower and buds had a lovely white one but £15 :(

That's the trouble with camellias. When they have flowers, £13 to £18 is the price tag. I bought one under £5 on ebay and I am 100% sure it will flower next year. Is one year's wait worth it? Hard to say. I wouldn't pay £15 for a camellias. I saw a Jury??? in Homebase but it was £13 at the cheapest. My heart bled and eyes watered. Waitrose probably have to recoup their fee to Alan T! :eek::D

I might buy more from Fleabay. I think I paid £4.81 after the 18% discount. The best was when I bumped into a discount caused by shelf-moving in Home Bargain - £0.99 or £1.99 for a potted white called Silver Anniversary
upload_2018-1-16_9-27-18.jpeg

and a not so charming turandot

upload_2018-1-16_9-26-42.jpeg

By the way, we have glorious sunshine now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very beautiful Snowdrop @alp......I would have to install 24/7 surveillance cameras on it at that price.....woe betide any living critter that came near it!!!;)

Mine is cheap :eek::eek::cry::cry::cry:! More expensive than the camellia @Zenji mentioned .. A sudden madness overcame me and I clicked PAY AND CONFIRM! Now I have to ration one pork chop and an egg for dinner! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Now's the time to take cuttings I think @alp.....might take some from mine and pinch a few from my Dad's camelia too...;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mine is cheap :eek::eek::cry::cry::cry:! More expensive than the camellia @Zenji mentioned .. A sudden madness overcame me and I clicked PAY AND CONFIRM! Now I have to ration one pork chop and an egg for dinner! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
:eek::eek:.....did you pay £102!!!!!.....gosh:wideyed:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp Thanks yes i will do that. Spent £13.55 altogether.
The fabric is a polyester/cotton.£4.00 a metre. Got 2 and a half metres. I always get a bit more than that i want. I've got a idea how to use up the bits that are left after i've cut it out. Going to make a patchwork skirt, got a few bits of different colours left over from other things that i've made, do that sometime.

Those patterns are still made in the old imperial measurements.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:eek::eek:.....did you pay £102!!!!!.....gosh:wideyed:

No. It was the highest bid I saw when I copied the pic. Imagine £102 for a tiny bulb!

Been out for an hour and it has been so sunny. But the wind has been something. All my bendy bamboos are nodding their little canopy.

Old imperial measurement is so much easier for me, Logan!

Repotted Anemone Queen Charlotte and Whirlwind and tried to remove the big pot holding the peony. I chopped the expensive tuber into 2 and I will be very lucky to see any flowers at all. The tuber was like hard rock! But they are both alive.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp yes it's better for me too, but when I went to buy the fabric and everything else, it was metres and centimetres.It's been very cold here, not much to do in the garden.
Had a suprise visit from my eldest brother, it's strange i was thinking about him this morning.
One of our cousin's came with him that i haven't seen for years. There's so many it's hard to keep up with them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You might have been talking about him with me!:eek::D

What a lovely co-incidence. Are you snowing yet?

Metre seems to be such a large number. Hard to get used to. Went out to figure out how to make compost bins out of pellets so as to hide the big hole. It's a nightmare.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
An hour and a half of Windows update! I hope all the holes have been PATCHED up! :eek::D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL::LOL::LOL:! I hope so! I have someone who sold some shares for me. Would you believe it? I was thinking of keeping the shares and sell them when they rise at the end of this month. But no, I logged in and saw I had money in the account. I was suddenly hot and red. Someone sold my only useful shares for me. I just took the money before it disappeared. I am too tired to argue with the thieves who look after old people's shares.

Ask a Question