2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have seen mine. Might take a pic tomorrow. My Fargesia Nitida Blue Fountain BambooI think I have seen mine. Might take a pic tomorrow. My Fargesia Nitida Blue Fountain Bamboo
SAM_0339.JPG
SAM_0340.JPG
SAM_0341.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I have tons of babies. You must have a lot. I wish I had scattered some of my favorite ones. Most of mine are pink and plain! :cry:
Yes i have a lot,too many i think, but they're good for the bees that time of year.
The original plants had dark red flowers, maybe that's the difference.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Logan and others! A quiet morning minus the potential sunshine. Will put the peony seeds to pot and hopefully something will come up. And clear a path today.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Alp, i might move a rose and plant some potted crocus into vacant places where crocus haven't come up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone!
How are you all this morning?
Well, had a lovely afternoon in the garden yesterday and had a good old tidy around!. What a gorgeous day it was too.....lovely sunshine and blue skies.
Today ,all being well, I would like to tidy up the east patio, but the weather looks very uninviting......grey and murky looking:(,

Oh well we will see......the sun might peep through ........wishful thinking:D:ROFLMAO:,

Have a Terrific Thursday:)(y)

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! Upsy: Mine could be worse. All the way from China and some looked shrivelled. I will put them all in a big pot and let them stew! :eek::D

Got a refund from Deacons and thinking of buying something else on ebay.. Incorrigible addict I am!

By the way, we're having fine drizzle and no bread again.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Mark56 Please give me a shout if Longacre is selling its perennials in a 9cm pot. Thank you in advance.

I bought a Sour grapes FINALLY on flebay, a Brushfield camellia, a Crinodendron hookerianum pink, and red and an Edgeworthia.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Just got in after an hour and a half in the garden. Thank heavens that I was trying to get some sand to tidy up the slabs and saw my expensive hellebore seeds soaked, or rather totally submerged, in water. I saw some babies. Good heavens, some might have been drowned to death. I am so useless and forgetful! :cry::cry:! I transplanted them and put them somewhere sunnier.

Logan: I am not cold, but very drizzle. In fact, the minute I took off my shoes, it rained properly. I will wear a hat and go out again and shape up the path a bit, hopefully!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alp: you take care. It's trying to brighten up here.

Yes, today we will have a cloudy day whilst the west side of the country is going to be sunny. Thank heavens we are not cold. I have rain water trapped in all the trays. Here, I normally need to use a high tray to capture water as it is always dry. But this year, there is a reversal of fortune and every day sees me emptying the trays. Some plants have already died from rot because of excessive water.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, today we will have a cloudy day whilst the west side of the country is going to be sunny. Thank heavens we are not cold. I have rain water trapped in all the trays. Here, I normally need to use a high tray to capture water as it is always dry. But this year, there is a reversal of fortune and every day sees me emptying the trays. Some plants have already died from rot because of excessive water.
Why don't you take them out the trays?

Ask a Question