2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
.see, told you I'll get distracted........almost time for lunch now :D:ROFLMAO::D

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Just now phoned the Deacons nursery. Boy, the woman said she didn't lie. Basically, it'a refund. I'm so annoyed. I waited for so long and it's not my fault that they didn't have the correct stock. They never answered the phone and I was forced to leave numerous messages. So no apricot or nectarine trees for me. I'm so annoyed with these people who cannot keep a correct record of their stocks.

I should have gone out, like @Upsy Daisy . But the air made me a bit ill and now I really need to go out and clean up the path or there will be a moany alp here again.

Ah! Do you have any new year resolutions regarding your life, your plants?

1) lose weight
2) on the bike an hour at least
3) go for an hour's walk this week.
4) clean the path (today!) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... bye!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A-ha! Went out and despite the drizzle, cleared half of a path and is now a bit hot. By the look of it, we will have 2 to 9c for another week!:cry::cry::cry:

Everything is very slow in the garden. Soaked some of the weeds and hope they rot quickly.

Won't order from them again. Such a time waster. They probably start a new price system now. Got some more peony seeds. Stick them in the mud and just wait and see.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to another grey day. This is supposed to be a glorious day - the only sunny day in the whole week. But evidently, I am not the only one who's shy!:eek::cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all wet until dinner time forecast for 6c by dinner time so a little better , the gardens far too wet to do anything.

Yes, I have to walk carefully as the clay has become very slippery. No glorious sunshine here, but at least hazy. Time to finish that path and go to the tip to chuck a lot of stuff! We have a heatwave 9c!

But the golden sunny icon has been replaced by a white cloud icon overnight! What a let down!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's very warm out there now. I worked for half an hour and suddenly remembered that I had to cancel Radio Times subscriptioin. Nightmare. Just send something. Someone said I just needed to cancel DD.

All the fat balls have disappeared, going to refill some more. Don't think I can capture any rare birds though, let alone a hawk!:LOL:

But when they sang, I had to come in and fetch the balls and then I remembered this blessed subscription. Had to take off a top as it is really warm. Feels like 12c!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Been out in garden, done some of the helebores.
Got 2 that's in flower, the others are further behind.
IMG_20180110_135040.jpg

IMG_20180110_135121.jpg

IMG_20180110_135212.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey! Such deep colour! I haven't had one of that maroon colour.

You have so many spots in the 2nd one, soooooo pretty! Mine from last year looked like a water downed version! Mine is still shy! And guess what? You clusters are sooooooo big and full of flowers. I have tons of one bud and they are still very slow. I have been weeding the whole day. 1 and a half hour in the morning and nearly 2 hours in the afternoon. All clearing. Tomorrow if the weather is clement, I will prop up one path and make it look neat.

I have cancelled the DD and people say that will suffice.

What a glorious day. Enjoyed the mini heatwave!:D:LOL: So nice to be able to spend a day out gardening.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, they're all seedlings. Most of them are pink, but get the odd purple or white. The plants are about 10 years old. I don't feed them and most of the time i don't get round to cutting the old leaves off. Last year i was looking after Bracken or another time my back was playing up.Yes it's been nice today, now it's gone foggy again.That's a lot of weeding to do.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have tons of babies. You must have a lot. I wish I had scattered some of my favorite ones. Most of mine are pink and plain! :cry:

Ask a Question