2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning Chatterboxes. Cooked a turkey yesterday, going to slice it all and portion it,then put in freezer. Cut down the Michaelmas daisies now they've finished. Cut up a pineapple. Finished the last of the blackberries for breakfast. This year i did have 19 lbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @Logan.... please tell me that you aren't that organised and have cooked 'THE' turkey already!!!

Very foggy here this morning. Went to bed early with a thumping headache and my foot playing up again....really not happy at how my foot has been since the op.....the other foot responded well after its op 6 yrs ago Oh well mustn't grumble. Woke up and both ' pains' are still with me!!
Leaving soon to walk......well at this rate more of a hobble!....into town, only a couple of miles, to meet up with a friend for a coffee shop and natter. Hope that will put an end to the pains!:)(y)

Have a Tremendous Thursday everyone :D

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy , it's just for the Sunday dinners. I've already got a frozen turkey in the freezer for Christmas. Had it for a few months, tesco was selling them half price. Sorry about your foot. Can't they do anything about it? Try to have a good day.:)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

@BigC we've always been with Virgin Media just for the internet,£43.00 a month. BT for the phone, don't know how much that is. We only have terrestrial TV.

I've finally got a few minutes and spotted this thread; Bron and I have been on cable for about 28 years firstly with NTL and now Virgin Media who took NTL over. We never ever bother swapping anything; the Virgin bill keeps rising but considering the amount of use I give my desktop and the many hours of our TV hooked up to the computer allowing us to choose from endless YouTube videos/movies we aren't complaining. We seldom use our phone so our monthly bill for phone; TV & broadband is usually around £50. we have friends who are on other suppliers and who are fed up with poor service and slow speeds; we don't suffer such problems.

OK I'm a chatterbox so here's a little story; I don't like mobile phones but years ago gave in and paid a whopping £5 for a brand new mobile phone through eBay and it brought tears to my eyes putting on £10 credit. I bought this phone to use just once a month when I visit Rufforth Auto Jumble it allowing me to let Bron know I'm on my way home. One occasion whilst phoning home the phone was ringing for ages but no reply and I knew Bron was home so I became very worried in case Bron had suffered an accident; I decided to return home via the M1 motorway; how wonderful to head straight into full gridlock due to mile after mile of roadworks; it took ages to get home. As I walked in Bron said she was worried not hearing from me? I tried ringing our landline again from my mobile and although everything was fine on the mobile the landline was dead. I contacted Virgin who quickly sent out an engineer who couldn't fix the problem; a few days later two engineers arrived and now we were told the street would have to come up and it would take around 3 weeks to get planning permission.

I'm resourceful and have friends all over the place; I emailed a friend who replied with the email address of a Virgin CEO; I sent a very polite email to this address explaining in full what had occurred; WOW the CEO's personal assistant promised immediate action; the local service engineer supervisor visited us with a huge apology; he checked the junction box on the street then came to say he was extremely sorry but he would be away ten minutes whilst he visited the main junction box down the lane; ten minutes later our land line was ringing and when I answered the engineer informed me everything was now working as it should and could he please inspect our Virgin Media installation whilst he was here? Of course he could; well he ripped just about everything out replacing it with brand new; we also received a brand new up to date router and due to us being messed around would we accept a free big speed increase in our broadband; just as he was saying this our landline phone rang and when I answered it the the CEO's personal assistant checking everything was now fine and that Bron and I were once again happy Virgin Media customers? I assured this lovely lady Bron and I were were delighted and thanked her most sincerely; the engineer asked if he could be of further assistance but he had done everything he possibly could and he too was thanked by the both of us before he departed.

I wonder if the previous engineers who visited us survived? We were given contact details should we ever have problems of this kind again but in fairness to Virgin Media they have provided excellent service and although possibly they can be bettered on price but at what cost?

Bron and I never bother swapping suppliers in the hope of saving a bit of money; it beats us how a gas company can offer cheaper electricity than and electric company and that an electric company can offer cheaper gas than a gas company; the whole world is now bonkers. :(:(:(

I'm now on my second £10 on the mobile phone with over £7 still in credit; I still don't know how to receive incoming calls or texts and I'm not losing sleep over it. Being a dinosaur has benefits like not wandering around with a mobile phone permanently welded to my ear.

I'm definitely a chatterbox and today I've finally caught up on all the big heavy jobs which is a miracle. ;)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Engineers had been and gone. One Martin on his ladder to replace the corroded wire which was 40 years old. On the other side, a cherry picker man helped with the job. The engineer said that the wires were very old.
But I might have to talk to Yorkshireman for some speed and it needed to be built up over several days.

19LBs of berries .. Respect, @Logan

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
LOL! I know the feeling. It's like my son hasn't got a job and his dad bought him an older version of mobile phone. Just how do people live when they live in Shetland or Scotland.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't like mobile phones but years ago gave in and paid a whopping £5 for a brand new mobile phone through eBay and it brought tears to my eyes putting on £10 credit.

LOL! I know the feeling. It's like my son hasn't got a job and his dad bought him an older version of mobile phone. Just how do people live when they live in Shetland or Scotland.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't like mobile phones but years ago gave in and paid a whopping £5 for a brand new mobile phone through eBay and it brought tears to my eyes putting on £10 credit.

I bet the people living in ignorance of mobile phones are pretty happy alp? (y)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's still very slow. And the pages flipped and disappeared. I thought I asked after @Upsy Daisy 's leg! Poor girl, I hope it gets better.

I have had quite a bit of turmeric roasted potatoes. It eases the pain a bit.

Planted the two chrysanthemum out. And tomorrow, hopefully will do my last lawnmowing .. Did it today for the front lawn.

Ask a Question