2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cold February, so what else can we do!? I am staring at my seeds started yesterday .. How sad I am?!

I have to say it's a shock and a delight to see new avatars .. Logan might want one with all her lovely goldie!

I spent last night looking through last summer's photos....and decided a change of avatar would be good.... (y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Cold February, so what else can we do!? I am staring at my seeds started yesterday .. How sad I am?!

I have to say it's a shock and a delight to see new avatars .. Logan might want one with all her lovely goldie!
No I won't change it, I've already got a goldie my lovely late Logan. But thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Now I want coffee...........so I'm off to make some too(y)

I gather you must work night shift?

Its 8:30 am over here, so our day is just beginning............well not for @Logan as she's been up and about for hours:D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We are very grey here and it might even be colder tomorrow! Frrrrrrrrrrr!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went to Hillcrest in Brentwood and saw this beauty

unnamed.jpg

Almost translucent! Crumbs! Now I know why Miss Wilmott went bust!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful @alp

What's your weather like? Down here its been cold , damp and grey all day. I'm truly fed up , spent this afternoon reading my library book and looking in on here whenever I hear a notification land.
The temperature is taking a dive next week , -1, -2 and even a -3:(:cry: So glad I held off seed sowing.......I was very tempted

I'll be up all night with trips to the bathroom.......I drank so much tea and coffee, hubs is making a fresh brew as I post this :D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It rained and rained and rained. Not too heavy, but wet your coat. Not too cold, but totally miserable. Not a shard of light! When I was comparing all the reduced stuff, I had to stand in the rain and of course, it was worth it. £1.99 for a 5L instead of a 2L of the same thing. I was so chuffed. I began to despair that the place was too pretentious and posh for me. But having found agapanthus Midnight Star really cheered me up. The other lady got some and she told me she only came in to have a look. I had never been to this nursery. Another lady was offloading all her flowers from a lorry, probably all bought from Holland. Her nursery is enormous and she had to get up at 5am for a horse show tomorrow. Amazing woman. She said she wasn't even officially open and told me she would be ready on 1st March. Tomorrow is going to be very cold. I wish I had left the plants I bought inside my lean to which was choc-a-block before the new arrivals.

This year, there has been so much rain that my hellebores have been slug damaged. I have never seen the like of it. So much rain, nearly one every 4 days if I even them out. Slugs will have a field day!:eek::cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Logan! And good morning to probably @MaryMary and all the others nicely tucked in bed under a warm duvet. Might be she's asleep!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning alp, don't know what i'm doing today,mi might do some more tydying up. Hubbys done a lot of the hellebores,so there's only 4 to do. Might sow my snaps, the other seeds are coming up,do a pic later.

Ask a Question