2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No not that young for me.... School and adolescent years you can keep them !!! Just back to when all my babies were......well, babies!!:D and hubs and I were just starting the huge renovation task on our house.......life was full of dreams and hopes:)(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I, too! I was very depressed as I couldn't really walk for long and couldn't stand in the kitchen for too long as neighbour's airs hit us worst there. So I shut the door and sat on the sofa and gobbled whatever came to hand (I had to put bag the Walker's a pack of 6 packs spicy crisps:cry::cry::cry:! 2 days ago)

I need to do 90 minutes of exercise from now on!
You should be careful what you eat, it takes a lot longer to burn it off.
You will only get more depressed when you put the weight on and you can't exercise.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Oppps nearly fogot ask @alp...have you used the ski pass yet that @Daren sent you???? If so ....we want pics please!:D:ROFLMAO:

How the Pint in the Pub gifts men such generosity! I need the help of a Pint to Achieve the thrill of skiing. To tell you something: when I was young, I often dreamt about hopping through wide forest, literally hopping over wild stretch of land in the midair.. I wonder what kind of Food or Beverages gifted me such exciting ventures! :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Freezing last night and as been a bitterly cold day , I was sat having a coffee looking into the garden not any birds about when a weasel walked past carrying a mouse never seen one in the garden before but a lovely site no camera at hand but it was very quick I spotted it again later running along the rear .

Oh wow! Unbelievable isn't it, they can even take rabbits out. Ferocious hunters for their size! They were my favourite at the British wildlife centre.. such characters. Are you rural then? near fields?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
34AA251F-557A-410E-8A8D-07AFC42933BD.jpeg
Hi Mark not exactly rural in the middle of a housing estate but fields allotments and hedgerows not far away plenty of field mice about and of course hedgehogs which I feed but first time I have seen a Weasel about ,here’s a blackbird from today

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's difficult to tell rural and country. I live 8 minutes to a historic market town and yet 5 minutes' drive to the north, I can see pheasants roaming, as if I were in the depth of countryside. I have never seen a pheasant near my house. The nearest calling card I can recall is the dead feather left outside my front door in a sad morning. How I want to live just a bit north of where I live north, nestled in a country forest .. The change of scenery is so dramatic, way away from the commercial hustle and bustle of the historic town.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wish they put the last unread up the top, saying killing my finger skin cells with the incessant scrolling! :eek::D

Today, I have soaked my first seeds in a tray Stipa Gigantea! Hope it works.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
No not that young for me.... School and adolescent years you can keep them !!! Just back to when all my babies were......well, babies!!:D and hubs and I were just starting the huge renovation task on our house.......life was full of dreams and hopes:)(y)

Think you've done a brilliant job! Retrained as well! All your dreams come true, apart from some baby patters...?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes @alp definitely in need of baby patters(y)
Had a 'baby fix' today and yesterday with one of my absolutely gorgeous great nephews....he is now 9mths old and has discovered that he can make people laugh by making really cute faces.....once he has a captive audience he's well away:D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes @alp definitely in need of baby patters(y)
Had a 'baby fix' today and yesterday with one of my absolutely gorgeous great nephews....he is now 9mths old and has discovered that he can make people laugh by making really cute faces.....once he has a captive audience he's well away:D:ROFLMAO:

I need that as well.. I hope my son is reading what I am typing.. :D

Just bid successful for a flower. The bid was on £2.50. I placed £3 and yet for some reason, I didn't win the bid!:cry::cry::cry:

Suddenly, I was told I was the winner and won it with £2.50! Hey, I know the goings on, but I won't argue with the final price £6 for a plant delivered to my house. :LOL::D

Very sad that this year, my hellebore washbabies have gone missing. For the last 2 years on my birthday, it would flower for me, even when I was crying on one such birthday!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Know how you feel @alp....:(:cry: Still figuring out where all my white Hellebores went......so sad because I love having white blooms in the garden as they really stand out during the grey days of winter.

What flower did you get?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have a lovely pure white ones. When I have seeds, you can send me your address and we will take it from there. Only 10 though. These things are precious. Took years to have flowers and this woman kept giving me spider plants and asked me for a purple one. I would have given her one if I had had a lot. Trouble is these things take 2 to 3 year to yield flowers. I can't tell her that I can give her gold because she gives me alloy metal. But she keeps using the Christian principle of exchanges enriches all our lives business! I want to laugh and cry at the same time. It annoys me all the more when she uses the Christian value to pressurise me to yield.

I certainly can spare those seeds for you, @Upsy Daisy ! Christian principle of exchanges does enrich our lives! :eek::D

I won't give away any galanthus though. I have learned it to my cost!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ooo thanks @alp . I have actually found a small seedling in one of the places where a white one use to be.....it's only tiny but I have my fingers crossed that it could be a baby Hellebore......so I'm guarding it with my life:D:ROFLMAO:
The green Hellebores are flowering for the first time ,after 2 years of being pampered.....I was given them as teeny weeny seedlings by my Dads neighbour:)

Last edited:

Ask a Question