2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning alp, don't know what i'm doing today,mi might do some more tydying up. Hubbys done a lot of the hellebores,so there's only 4 to do. Might sow my snaps, the other seeds are coming up,do a pic later.

Well, hopefully, you will have better weather to contend with. Yesterday was a total write-off, but fortunately we were out more or less the whole day. Did 2 washes with the faulty Bosch washing machine. 13 minutes of spinning which did nothing as it was not up to speed and right at the last minute 0.01, it went back up to 0.05. :eek:! Boy, I was mad.

Any way, did one tumble drying and now onto 2nd lot. It costs, but it's better than hanging clothes everywhere. Are we lucky? Should count my blessings every minute.. and pinch myself to remember our good fortune. Can't wait for summer to come and let the sun kiss dry our clothes.

If you have heating in your room, it might not be a bad idea to start something which is not fussy. I tell you this lovely surprise. My yellow bearded iris actually had seeds and I left them in a polystyrene tray, thinking they might take a long time to germinate. Lo and behold, a tiny shoot came up and now I put it out to sun and warm. Hopefully, the cold snap hasn't snapped it's little leaf or life!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it was rain all day here too,dry today though. I've got heated propagators, i start them off in one with some bubble wrap over the top, then change to another that i won't put the bubble wrap on,so it will be a bit cooler. I turn them round every day so they don't get too leggy. But with seedlings can put them a bit deeper when transplanting.
Great about your iris and hope it will be alright.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning !

Don't tempt me please @Logan......I'm trying hard to resist and wait a bit longer to start seedsowing ( well the ones that require a bit of heat) Having to wait last year due to having my op proved so beneficial in many ways....but the best bit was that I didn't have to start them off indoors, normally I have seed trays everywhere !!!

Lovely bright start to the day here, what a difference a day makes!!!!!

A Super Sunny Sunday to you all:D

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I gather you must work night shift?

The time that I go in varies from day to day, but I am always off at 9:30, and usually home by 10 pm. I can't go to sleep immediately after work, I have to unwind a while.

I've always been a night owl. Mom told me even when I was a baby, she'd hear me in my crib, cooing and talking to myself at 2 or 3 in the morning. I got it honest, she was a night owl, too. :LOL: That's why she was awake to hear me. My poor father was an early bird. When they were first married, he thought it would be romantic to wake her up to watch the sunrise with him. He only tried that once. o_O

Many years later, telling us kids about it, my father said she accepted it with only a minimum of grumbling. She replied that at least he had the good sense to make coffee first!! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Must admit that I'm a night owl too...never in bed before midnight, but always awake before the alarm goes off at 6. Since having the children I have become a light sleeper and usually wake up several times in the night, but thankfully drop off quickly again ....so long as I get about 5 hrs sleep I can function OK:)(y)

My hubs on the other hand needs at least an 8 hr snooze , otherwise he's like a bear with a sore head:D:ROFLMAO:

He is always up first though and brings me my breakfast in bed, then I normally read for an hour. However in the summer I love having breakfast in the garden

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, brilliant! GO TO FIRST UNREAD! Hay, I wish all my wishes were answered like that!

Umm! I want to be a millionaire ...:LOL::LOL::LOL:!

@MaryMary When they were first married, he thought it would be romantic to wake her up to watch the sunrise with him. He only tried that once. o_O

We all have romantic vision of a marriage. I never expected my husband to pronounce old as awld! He never expected his wife to eat chicken wings with fingers and licking them either!
He is always up first though and brings me my breakfast in bed, then I normally read for an hour. However in the summer I love having breakfast in the garden

Awwwww! How sweet! Breakfast in the garden!? If we did that, we might have balls falling into our teacups and bang bang bang bang from kids playing balls. Last June, a ball flung over the workshop and hit the top of a watering can, broke the top and fell into the bottom of the tiny can. Wouldn't dream of it!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
First cup of lovely hot tea since 9am. Lovely and strong and hot. Wonder if our @johnny canoe is still busying shovelling his snow!

Did see the birds, but my red jacket obviously sent them fleeing. I need to wear Khaki from now on! :LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Very quiet, no rain but not sure how cold it is!

Good morning to early risers and night owls!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
As my index finger print is wearing thin, suffering from prolonged scrolling disease, a term coined by grey parrot, I will end this thread here.

Does the website load differently for you? :confused: I get 20 replies per page, no matter how many pages a thread has. Starting a new thread would not change that, for me, at least... :unsure:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Does the website load differently for you? :confused: I get 20 replies per page, no matter how many pages a thread has. Starting a new thread would not change that, for me, at least... :unsure:

Haha! What do you mean? When I get alerts, I got 4 of the same and it has difference in minutes. Is this you are referring to, my dear? 20 replies? Are they the same?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No, I'm talking about the posts per page. There is the original post, then everything else is considered a "reply."

Ask a Question