Your favorite sprouts

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm a sprout addict. I love them so much!:D They're very easy to grow, heavenly delicious and really healthy. You can eat them alone or put them in a sandwich or add them to your favorite dishes. Also, there are many different kinds of sprouts, so you can never be bored with them. I love mung bean sprouts the most.

They look like this:

Mung-bean-sprouts.jpg

My second favorite are radish sprouts, I always eat them during winter, when I don't have any real radishes:

DSC_1388.jpg

What sprouts are your favorite?

Reaction score
OMG - claudine - you gave me a shock with the title " what are your favorite sprouts " - thought you'd taken turn for the worst and had got into liking " brussel sprouts " - but now that I've picked myself up off the floor and realize that you are meaning a totally different type of sprout altogether - feel a whole lot better :D

Yes I love all kinds of sprouts including the ones you like but my real favorite are these

red-radish-sprouts.jpg

red radish seeds bowl.jpg

Red Radish Sprouts which I love in all kinds of salads and sandwiches but especially potato based salads, in cheese sandwiches and mixed with hummus, although I like the green ones too - I much prefer the red varieties as they have a stronger more tangy flavor as well as being great deal more spicy than the green variety :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I likes Alfalfa Sprouts and Mung beans :)

Reaction score
I just posted a really easy recipe for sprouting your own seeds/beans a few minutes ago, Claudine :) I'm a fan of sprouts as well, my favorite one is alfalfa, but I also love the soy ones :D I love to make chicken sandwiches with the alfalfa ones, I add some avocado and french mustard to them. It's an amazing mix :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gata Montes, haha, no, I hate brussel sprouts:p
Red Radish Sprouts look absolutely delicious. I must give them a try! Although I must say I'm pretty sure that the green ones are already spicy enough for me:p
Zigs, I kind of like Alfalfa Sprouts, but they aren't my favorite. Usually, I add them to my egg sandwich:)
Trellum, to be honest, I'm not sure if I've ever tried soy sprouts. I admit they look yummy:love::

kongnamul_basket.jpg

Reaction score
The alfalfa and mung bean sprouts are generally the only ones that I can buy at the store. The radish sprouts sound good, I am a big fan of all things radish. I have been considering growing my own, I've been reading up on doing it and it really seems like a very simple process.

Reaction score
claudine - I know that is why I was so shocked or rather stunned - by the title of your thread :D

As mentioned previously I love eating sprouts of all kinds - apart from the brussel variety and think they are an extremely versatile addition to many different meals and of course they are incredibly easy to grow and are also incredibly rapid growers - so there is no reason not to have a wide variety to choose from and feel sure that you would
really enjoy the red radish sprouts - especially as you like tangy slightly spicy radishes and these sprouts are very similar to them - as not only do they look temptingly delicious but are extremely tasty too - so hope you give them a try otherwise you may never know just how good they are :)

Ask a Question