Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No gardening for me for a bit. Wrote off my car on the back of a Range Rover, most embarrassing, I always took driving seriously and did a RoSPA advanced driver exam when I rode a motorcycle. Cracked my sternum and have a horribly painful and bruised chest, the Range Rover had a slightly bent back bumper and drove off afterwards. Other driver was fine and said her yorkie didn't even yelp, if you are going to be in an accident be in the larger vehicle. She got her coat out of the car to wrap me up when she saw I was shivering and was most kind and concerned, truly good considering I had just back ended her.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There will be no sorting that car out, Logan. Yes, both airbags deployed, Dirt Mechanic, the recovery people put most of the front of the car in the back when they took it away, the crumple zone all crumpled, and I still hit the steering wheel hard enough to crack my sternum, fair bit of pain down low where the seat belt caught me too. It all still hurts, but it is getting better slowly, find I am sleeping about sixteen hours out of twenty four. Luckily I am on top of most of the garden with it all dug over and clean ready for next year, just have to avoid any more accidents before Spring :) Last year I had a fall and dislocated my right shoulder, which really screwed up planting stuff out, don't want that again!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The missus made her first lot the other day, she makes her own mincemeat to a Delia Smith recipe, scrumptious.
That's great, yes it's easy to make mincemeat but it's cheaper to buy it and it's still good. But I don't use it straight away I keep it for a few years and add a bit of sherry, or chopped glac'e cherries to it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
There will be no sorting that car out, Logan. Yes, both airbags deployed, Dirt Mechanic, the recovery people put most of the front of the car in the back when they took it away, the crumple zone all crumpled, and I still hit the steering wheel hard enough to crack my sternum, fair bit of pain down low where the seat belt caught me too. It all still hurts, but it is getting better slowly, find I am sleeping about sixteen hours out of twenty four. Luckily I am on top of most of the garden with it all dug over and clean ready for next year, just have to avoid any more accidents before Spring :) Last year I had a fall and dislocated my right shoulder, which really screwed up planting stuff out, don't want that again!
Hard to speed in a garden! Speedy recovery!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
My Panasonic DVD/CD player has bit the dust. Well, not excactly, the remote control has stopped working and it wasn't the batteries. It was twenty years old and it was quite sophisticated. I think it cost near £100. "There were a lot of functions on it that I never used."
The worst thing about it was that it only had a scart connection (that old!). So I had to use a scart to HDMI connector.

I went to Curry's this morning and I've now replaced it with one made by Sony (same as my TV)

It's half the size of the Panasonic, it's pretty basic, with HDMI, but it will also play "sticks." I can channel the audio through my vintage hi-fi. Handy for CDs.

It will "save" your place on about half a dozen DVDs.

I've a lot of CDs and DVDs but none are Blue Ray. So it's good enough.

It sits on top of my vintage VHS machine.

The definition is near HD and even on a near eighty year old film I have on DVD, the picture is quite good.

It took about five minutes to unpack and connect this morning.

Cost? £34.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've been "off-line" since Tuesday, when I had to take my laptop into "the local menders" as it was hard to start. I'd had it since February 2020, a second hand HP Probook which replaced a Lenovo I'd bought there several years before. They assured me the HP was a good machine.
It needed a new motherboard. I think they were a bit embarrassed about it going wrong. Anyway, part was ordered, received and the laptop repaired by Friday afternoon and they only charged me £70, so I was quite pleased about that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Forget I could post pictures from my cell, here the baking I have been doing.
20211215_131122.jpg
20211217_135312.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius
Oh, it looks very appetizing!
It’s a pity that it’s not mine. You made a cupcake and then crackers
from a cupcake?
not sure your question. No, it is two different bakes. The loafs are bread, Apple Cranberry Walnut bread.----they stay in that form, and will be gifts to neighbors. The second are biscotti, biscotti is first backed in a hand formed (no tin) shape, then its cut long wise, then halved, then each half is baked or toasted again on each side. This biscotti I made with candi orange rind, sweet dried cherries, and almonds.

Ask a Question