You can't help scratching your head....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yep, there are bush types although I can't say bush is the correct term. Last year I grew Jubilee Bush watermelon and the "bush" is a small compact vine with a diameter of about 4 feet which is a lot smaller than the Crimson Sweet I also grew. My Jubilees got to be about 15-18 lbs.
Jus ordered from Sustainable Seed Company........."Bush variety Jubilee watermelon, vines spread 3-5 ft. Produces watermelons that are about 10-13 lbs, extremely sweet.".....THANKS Chuck.......gonna plant watermelons this spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thinking that it has GOT to be a turnip.....
20181103_075051.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And no blooms yet? Have you tasted the leaves?
Not even a hint of a bloom. Have not tasted a leaf but have crushed one to try and get a "scent"......but, pretty much, scentless.....At the dirt's surface, there does not appear to be the forming of a root, like a turnip or rutabaga......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Screenshot_2019-01-02-08-38-31.png
Ok. In that case I am going to guess that it is some form of Nettle or from that family of plants.
The leaves DO favor the stinging nettle leaves.......with the exception that the edge of the leaves have "hairs", also.......which, in the pictures on the www.......the stinging nettle leaves do not.

Ask a Question